The guy in the office wants to be able to send the appointment info from ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Naughty Angel no está en línea Stack level 1

Reading Outlook Calendar appointments

Advertisement

The guy in the office wants to be able to send the appointment info from Outlook direct to my BB while I'm on the road, without the need to sync through DM..... At the moment it appears as an e-mail with an amazing amount of header/footer rubbish and I have to try and decipher the actual appointment info. Is there anything that would make it readable or even drop into my BB calendar?

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    For wireless calendar synchronization, you'll need to be a on a BES (Blackberry Enterprise Server). Otherwise, the DM is the only way to keep appointments in synch w/ your Outlook.
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by Naughty Angel View Post
    The guy in the office wants to be able to send the appointment info from Outlook direct to my BB while I'm on the road, without the need to sync through DM..... At the moment it appears as an e-mail with an amazing amount of header/footer rubbish and I have to try and decipher the actual appointment info. Is there anything that would make it readable or even drop into my BB calendar?

Just checked it out, and it seems that the only way to get appointments directly from Outlook to A BB is to send it via email, I used Outlook 2007:

1: Create or Open an Appointment

2: On The Ribbon, Choose "Invite Attendees"

3: Fill in as Many Email addresses as you desire, and Location (If Applicable)

4: Send (All Done)

Each recipient will receive an email with all the Appointment information. Once they are done reading the Appointment Info, they should press the "Menu" Key and Choose the appropriate action:

Accept, Accept with Comments,

Tentative, Tentative with Comments,

Decline, Decline with Comments,

etc.

Once it has been accepted, the Appointment is now visible on their Blackberry Calendar.

Works like a charm...

PS: I forgot to mention, a confirmation email will be sent back to the original sender.
    Last edited by DjSmooth; 08-24-2008 at 08:51 PM.

Naughty Angel no está en línea Stack level 1
    Thanks so much guys... I will give it a try tomorrow!