I am trying to figure out whether I got everything I am supposed to have ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

IRDanielC no está en línea Stack level 2

Question re upgrading to 4.5 OS question

Advertisement

I am trying to figure out whether I got everything I am supposed to have in my 4.5 upgrade. I recently had a memory wipe on my bb 8100. When I reupgraded to the 4.5 os I notice some apps are missing none of them are major and i am still getting most of the benefits of the 4.5 os. I am trying to find out what caused this and whether there is anything i can do to obtain these apps. Please if you have a remedy to my problem dont hesitate to post.

Thanks, IRDanielC
    Apps lost:

memo pad
    brick breaker
    all instant messangers
    bb instant messanger
    few others i cant remember

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Daniel, if you still have the OS on your PC, you should be able to look at all the applications through the Application Loader on Desktop Manager.

Connect your device to the PC and launch Desktop Manager. Go to the Application Loader and let the applications load up on the screen. Scroll down and see if the apps you listed above are in the list unchecked. If so, simply check the boxes for those apps and you'll be able to re-load them to your device.

What version of 4.5 did you load?

Okay, so did you try looking at the apps through Desktop Manager to see if they're in the list? If not, there are later versions of the 4.5 OS for your device that probably have them.

As for the non-standard BlackBerry applications you mentioned, you will need to reinstall those.

There is nothing that mentions the 4.5 os on app loader. I think this is because I had deleted the vendor file, so when i opened dm it came up automatically as an upgrade.

On your PC, go to the Control Panel>Add or Remove Programs (Programs and Features if you're on Vista). See if there is anything that says BlackBerry Device Software v4.5.

If not, you'll need to download and install a 4.5 OS onto your PC again. Here is the latest release from RIM......4.5.0.162.

the link you gave me only has the east asia language option

All versions have English. This is a later edition of the 4.5 OS, by the way, so you'll probably be prompted to upgrade the OS, especially if you delete the vendor.xml file.

BlackBerry Handheld Software v4.5.0.255 (EastAsia)

this is what it says at the top of the download specs for the 4.5 os. I dont use voda fone, I have t-mo bb, and am not in East Asia. should I still download?

Sorry had to step out. Yes, you can use this....doesn't matter what carrier as long as it is for your 8100. Just delete the vendor.xml file and we'll upgrade your device today.