First off I would like to thank everyone. I signed up with PinStack last week ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Mattsagangstaa no está en línea Stack level 1

RDM + desktop manager?

Advertisement

First off I would like to thank everyone. I signed up with PinStack last week and your forums have answered about half a dozen questions or problems. Thank you.

I have downloaded a lot of programs. RDM (remote desktop manager) being one of them. So my question is would I be able to use my desktop manager with my RDM? Cuz even with everything I've put on my pearl, I still have to plug it in about every week. Any ideas? Advice?

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Re: RDM + desktop manager?

I think you're confusing Remote Desktop Manager - an application to connect to remote computers, like Window's Remote Desktop, with BlackBerry Desktop Manager - a suite of applications used to manage your BlackBerry.

If you mean, do you still have to plug in to your computer to sync things like your Address Book and Calendar, the answer is Yes, assuming you're on BIS (BlackBerry Internet Service). Only BES (BlackBerry Enterprise Server) service offers wireless sync of Calendar, Address Book, Memo Pad, and Tasks.

Look for "Hosted BES" on this site for companies that offer that service to individuals - for a fee over and above your regular BlackBerry data service fee of course!
    JerryD

Lowrider no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

RDM+ is for accessing everything on ur pc, like files, music, etc, but u can not use desktop manager with RDM+.
    -----------------------------------
    Thx a lot!
    Low
    OSU Buckeye's # 1

Yogich no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    In addition to the above observations, allow me to add that the presence & consequential use of a media card require the defragging operation, on occasion. Failure to do so can result in an error which will make that card invisible to your BB.

This problem happened to me on two occasions ...until I started doing defrag on a regular basis. I now have had no problem in a couple months, plus.

Yea. That's what I figured. I was wondering since I was constantly sending music and pictures. If theere was a way to send applications to your blackberry. Or does the blackberry desktop manager have to install it?

Let me rephrase that lol. Is it possible to install applications through RDM that aren't OTA?

Lowrider no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

No, only ota or desktop manager.
    Hope this helps.
    -----------------------------------
    Thx a lot!
    Low
    OSU Buckeye's # 1