Hey I just updated to os 4.5 for my 8110 and since then it has ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Konaver no está en línea Stack level 2

random restarts after 4.5 update

Advertisement

Hey I just updated to os 4.5 for my 8110 and since then it has just had random restarts. Is there anything I can do?

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Konaver,

Did you happen to do the upgrade with a media card in your device?

Roger

Uh oh. Yes I did.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    That'll most likely be the culprit, then.

First, let's try offloading all your media to a PC, then reformat the card in the 8110 and reload the card.

If that doesn't work, you probably have some corrupt media in which case you can then try the following:

1. Using Desktop Manager / Media Manager, copy the entire contents of your media card to your PC.

2. Format the media card using your 4.5 device.

3. Using Media Manager, you might notice that some of the pictures have nothing in the attributes column. Therefore, copy only those images that have attributes back onto the media card.

Within Roxio Media Manager, use the top window to show the pictures on the PC and the bottom window to show the device. The view defaults to "Thumbnails" because most people like that option. Change that to "Details" (select View\View As\Details).

Looking at it in this view, you'll see that your pictures are listed with 5 columns of information. Specifically they are File Name, File Size, Date Created, Attributes, and Date Modified. For the majority of the pictures, the Attributes column lists the pixels, bits, and dpi (i.e. 2592x1944 pixels, 24-bit, 180 dpi) but you might notice that some of them had that column blank.

Next, select all of the pictures and then deselect those that had that column blank and copy them back to your media card. You might not able to get all of your pictures back on the media card, but you should only lose a few.

If that doesn't work, you'll need to reload the OS.

magellan0547 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    242E7D27
    we're always giving the same advice it would seem RoGro ...keep up the good work soldier

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    This happened to me with a previous OS install (don't remember which one but I know it was prior to the Rogers OS I had). But now I'm in the process of reverting back to the Rogers OS because the AT&T OS has slowed my 8120 to molasses.

ok and how do you reload os?

Add/Remove any old OS via Control Panel. Install new OS on PC. Delete vendor.xml file if needed. Connect BB to PC. Run Application Loader via Desktop Manager.

I still don't understand how. Sorry

Go to Control Panel>Add/Remove Software. Delete all old BlackBerry OS's.

Install the new OS to your PC. Go to Start>Search. Go to All Files and Folders. Type in vendor.xml. Press Search. Then Delete after it finds the file.

Then connect your BB to the PC. Open Desktop Manager. Open Application Loader. Open Update Applications.Then when it finds the OS, update it.