So after losing my beloved curve I was given a 8100 pearl that is on ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

StephenGuy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30636d59

Random reboots not due to media card.

Advertisement

So after losing my beloved curve I was given a 8100 pearl that is on its last limb. It looks like it was dragged behind a car. But regardless its better than my only other option; an analog Nokia.

As soon as I received the Pearl I wiped it by entering the password incorrectly 3 times, then downloaded AT&T's 4.5 for it (seeing as I'm on AT&T, even though the phone is branded to T-Mobile). I then threw a couple themes and a few pictures on it, nothing major, just enough to suffice.

Now I'm experiencing random reboots. They started the night after I got the phone and upgraded it, about 5 hours of up time. The first one led me to believe it had a scheduled reboot because the LED started blinking as if there was a message (which there wasn't) and then it shut off and instantly started booting up again.

There is NO media card in this phone. It shuts off at random times but likes to hang(hourglass) A LOT when opening the "My Pictures". It will sit there for about 45 seconds the reboot. Sometimes it will boot back up on its own. Other times it will sit there with the LED flashing and not boot up. A simple battery pull fixes this but is still really irritating. Especially when it dies in the middle of a phone call and then as the phone is running security tests the caller calls back and the phone hangs and dies again.

Some info that might be useful;
    no water damage on the battery but there is no water indicator on the phone that I have found yet.
    I strongly believe this is an AT&T Pearl in a T-Mobile housing. Although the info is vague I do believe the shell was replaced and this is in fact not an unlocked T-Mobile Pearl.

Any information is highly appreciated. Also not to post out of topic but if anyone is selling an AT&T enabled Pearl in perfect operating condition, please PM or PIN me. Looks do not matter after seeing this phone. I ended up buying an OEM case to cover the damage anyway.

Thanks.
    -Remember, today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.

calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by StephenGuy View Post
    So after losing my beloved curve I was given a 8100 pearl that is on its last limb. It looks like it was dragged behind a car. But regardless its better than my only other option; an analog Nokia.

As soon as I received the Pearl I wiped it by entering the password incorrectly 3 times, then downloaded AT&T's 4.5 for it (seeing as I'm on AT&T, even though the phone is branded to T-Mobile). I then threw a couple themes and a few pictures on it, nothing major, just enough to suffice.

Now I'm experiencing random reboots. They started the night after I got the phone and upgraded it, about 5 hours of up time. The first one led me to believe it had a scheduled reboot because the LED started blinking as if there was a message (which there wasn't) and then it shut off and instantly started booting up again.

There is NO media card in this phone. It shuts off at random times but likes to hang(hourglass) A LOT when opening the "My Pictures". It will sit there for about 45 seconds the reboot. Sometimes it will boot back up on its own. Other times it will sit there with the LED flashing and not boot up. A simple battery pull fixes this but is still really irritating. Especially when it dies in the middle of a phone call and then as the phone is running security tests the caller calls back and the phone hangs and dies again.

Some info that might be useful;
    no water damage on the battery but there is no water indicator on the phone that I have found yet.
    I strongly believe this is an AT&T Pearl in a T-Mobile housing. Although the info is vague I do believe the shell was replaced and this is in fact not an unlocked T-Mobile Pearl.

Any information is highly appreciated. Also not to post out of topic but if anyone is selling an AT&T enabled Pearl in perfect operating condition, please PM or PIN me. Looks do not matter after seeing this phone. I ended up buying an OEM case to cover the damage anyway.

Thanks.
    Is it possible that your pearl just may be, in fact, a T-mobile pearl? And, maybe, you should try one ot the T-Mobile Operating Systems? It wouldn't hurt to approach it from that angle right?

StephenGuy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30636d59
    I looked in the list of current OS's and T-Mobile doesn't even have one for the 8100. I'm downgrading from AT&T's 4.5 to Oragne's. We'll see what happens.
    -Remember, today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.