i was on the phone and when i hung up and put the phone down ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

mgorman87 no está en línea Stack level 1

random phone restarts

Advertisement

i was on the phone and when i hung up and put the phone down it restarted. it went to a blank white screen and showed the hour glass and took a couple minutes and then did the secuirty check and it was ok. I also had 3 emails that i knew i should receieved on the phone but hadn't and as soon as the phone finished booting the emails came through. this is the second time this has happened and ive only had the phone a few weeks. any help is appreciated. thanks

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

Re: random phone restarts

Is this an AT&T Pearl by any chance? i.e. Did you purchase this phone from AT&T and currently have them as your service provider?
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

no i got TMO

twheeler no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23E261CF

What OS are you running? Go to options/about to find out.

Quote Originally Posted by mgorman87
    no i got TMO

.64 the latest tmo os

twheeler no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23E261CF

I ran the .96 OS from ATT and am now running the .101 OS. I had random restarts and wierd stuff with tmo .64. They were less frequent with OS .67 from cable and wireless. I've had good luck with .101 and .96. If you're on BES it's a pain until the device activates fully with the BES server. BIS should be a snap. This area will have good info and step by step for upgrading.
    .64 the latest tmo os

synik103 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    OICU812

the fact that it happened when it was set down makes me wonder if the battery could be loose?
    The above commentary is for entertainment purposes only. If this was actual joke the tone you just heard would have been followed by emergency response information. It's supposed to be fun people.

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Quote Originally Posted by synik103
    the fact that it happened when it was set down makes me wonder if the battery could be loose?
    That's a possibility, more likely it's the older OS version, bugs and such. Could be running out or memory, etc. Try and upgrade and see if you can recreate the issue.

bump..it did it again. i hung up the phone with my bank and put it down and it restarted. i dont think its a battery issue because i can put the phone down and nothing happens. if it was a battery issue wouldnt it happen everytime i placed the phone down. im gonna call TMO support and see what they say. any other help would be good. thanks

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

bump..it did it again. i hung up the phone with my bank and put it down and it restarted. i dont think its a battery issue because i can put the phone down and nothing happens. if it was a battery issue wouldnt it happen everytime i placed the phone down. im gonna call TMO support and see what they say. any other help would be good. thanks
    TMO won't really be able to help. Most of the time they're clueless...no offense to and TMO worker but unless they have a blackberry themselves they are useless.

Best be is what everyone is saying and just update your OS.

i called tmo and talked to the blackberry tech support and he said its not an OS issue. theyre gonna send me a new battery to see if that fixes the issue.