Hey Everyone - I bought my TMOBILE Pearl and paid and online service to have ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

habibnazir no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Random International Signal Drop

Advertisement

Hey Everyone -

I bought my TMOBILE Pearl and paid and online service to have it unlocked. I took the phone overseas and used a prepaid service. I just pulled out the tmobile sim card put in the prepaid service sim card and was on my way making calls and what not.

Well I just relocated recently to the island of NEVIS in the Caribbeans and I am using my pearl here on CABLE & WIRELESS. But my blackberry behaves very oddly. I have great signal full bars GSM coverage. I can make phone calls and receive calls and text and what not. But randomly it drops the signal. It says SEARCHING and I have no signal what so ever. I go to the network screen and click manually select. It only gives me an EMERGENCY OPTION. Than I turn the phone signal on and off and sometimes I get the CW signal back. Usually I'll end up having to pull the battery out and reboot the phone and still sometimes doesn't gaurentee to grab the singal.

Now the signal from the tower is just fine. Friends are standing next to me using their nokias. I am convinced it is something with my blackberry phone. Is there some type of specific frequency setting I need to check?

It is unusual it is happening here bec my phone worked PERFECTLY in other countries.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: Random International Signal Drop

Welcome to pinstack habibnazir.

Has your BB been doing fine since then?

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

habibnazir, Welcome to PinStack.

It could be a frequency difference between the blackberry and the nokias, but I really don't think that would be the case. Are you using a different SIM now? It may be the SIM.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

habibnazir no está en línea Stack level 1

hey thank you for your replies.

yes I am using Cable & Wireless Bmobile Sim Card. It works fine for a few hours and then just drops the signal and goes into searching mode.

So than I turn the wireless on and off a few times and finally it picks up the C&W and I'm off to making phone calls. Its just annoying bec I can have my phne in my pocket and it can keep signal for hours or days and then sometimes randomly drop and I won't know until I pull the phone out and see it and then manually turn the wireless on and off to get it to pick up the signal again.

The CandW bmobile says I need to be able to use 850Mhz Signal and have an unlocked phone ..

Regards

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Well, the 8100 is a quad band phone, and since it works sometimes it is unlocked or it wouldn't work at all. So it may just be a network problem, a hiccup in your phone app, or just a bad Pearl.

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles