I've read through several threads that address this issue but none that have solved it. ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

8aBlackBearE no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E93134

Random dumped files driving me nuts!!!

Advertisement

I've read through several threads that address this issue but none that have solved it. My pearl keeps deleting my sms, mms, and missed calls even as they come in. It also randomly dumps my call log. I got a mms today and no sooner did I close it, it was gone! Poof! byebye! I'll get a missed call and by the time I get the voicemail the number prompt is sans #, same goes for placing calls. I'll make a call and by the next time I access the call log its empty. I have PLENTY of memory, even deleted unused apps but the problem persists. I love my pearl but with all the bells and whistles its frustrating when it can't perform basic phone functions!
    I'm your huckleberry

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Re: Random dumped files driving me nuts!!!

after deleting apps have you done a reboot?
    phone on batt out fro 30 seconds then back in. usually solves little probs after deleting alot of stuff. let me know if this helps.
    it's due to a memory issue from what I have gathered. I have yet to see it myself, but I know it's a pending doom.
    also how long do you have your messsages kept in the settings?
    and last please change your profile to pearl, kinda confuses us when trying to help.
    hope I was of help!
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

Larry_in_phx no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23FE6C41

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I an having the same problem. How much available memory is suggested to keep this from happening?

bacardiman7 no está en línea Stack level 1

I have had the same problem since i got the phone! I just got my 2nd replacement phone from Cingular. Ive had everything done to my phone to fix it even a new sim card but it still happens. Someone at Cingular told me it could be your media card. BlackBerry only tested and recommends one company to use for your media card. I am currently using the kingston 1 gig. forgot which one but thats my next step if my 3rd pearl does the same thing. please let me know if you hear of anything else. Even Cingular told me they never of the problem.

8aBlackBearE no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E93134

I don't have a media card. But it doesn't matter the media card has nothing to do with your call log or sms. And unless you are saving to the sum card it shouldn't have anything to do with the phone memory. So it must just be my phone. And unfortunately though my 30 days to return the phone are yet to expire since the back cover comes off so easily the phone has hit the floor and has a tiny scratch. Deal breaker for Cingular
    I'm your huckleberry

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

I would try to exchange it anyway, just for the defective cover and memory leak. If they refuse it, then using the app loader in Desktop manager, remove all your unwanted foreign Language support. This should free up enough memory to prevent this problem. I have had my Pearl for over a month now and have never lost any of my data.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

connexxions no está en línea Stack level 1

Smile Re: Random dumped files driving me nuts!!!

ok, it happened to me today too...randomly. i thought maybe it was a memory problem. i've had mine since T-Mobile introduced it and it hasn't happened until today. is internal memory a problem? there's nothing onmy SIM.

Kevo no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23E8B1FC

I've had the same thing happpen to me, emails, mms, sms, and phone log info gone. It happened both with and without a memory card.

zeyrah no está en línea Stack level 3

Hello! This is a know issue that has appeard in this last couple of weeks. All you need to do is back up your pearl, redownload the operating system, and reload the os. Make sure when you do that to select a full wipe when you are running the app loader and then restore your pearl! That should take care of it!~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~