Why do I seem to run out of RAM after about a week of use? ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

adam917 no está en línea Stack level 3

Question RAM Problem on 8100?

Advertisement

Why do I seem to run out of RAM after about a week of use? The only way for me to
    get back up to 8--16 MB free is by shutting down the unit & doing a battery pull. Do BlackBerry phones require a reboot much in the way (Windows) computers do every so often? When my RAM runs low or out, my call logs & SMS messages get deleted. Let me clarify: I am not installing or uninstalling programs from my unit. I run three third-party applications, but not all at once: JiveTalk, iSkoot, and Google Maps (this one is not running when in use).

Are there any good applications that can free up RAM without needing to reboot?

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

Re: RAM Problem on 8100?

If you need to free up memory on your BB, try this thread:
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...sms_mms_e.html

Yes, battery pulls are normal and often needed to sort of "reset" the device if you will.
    You can download a program called Soft Reset that will reset for you without having to pull
    the battery here:
    http://www.geekandproud.net

jstodda no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241E85A8

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Just like all devices they also use a huge cache to keep it running faster. This holds old data and in the end can cause the opposite. Don't forget to delete internet cache, old msg you don't need, etc. Get a sd card (they are crazy cheap now) and save all your file data on that (mp3, pics, etc). But yes. Generally, a good hard reset does wonders

CaCHooKa Man no está en línea Stack level 3

i use softreset to reset my device every other day. always makes things runs smoother.

seabirdone no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20DE5001

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~GOOGLE maps is quite heavy on memory. I deleted mine. Roll on 128mb 81xxx's