Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

OK, After several hours on the phone with RIM and a T-mobile network engineer i ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

rush no está en línea Stack level 1

Smile Re: Radio path unavailable

Advertisement

OK, After several hours on the phone with RIM and a T-mobile network engineer i think we have nailed the elusive and royal pain in the arse radio path unavailable issue.

After updating to 4.1.0.8 or later, some network provider switches have communication protocol errors that drop the phone's stack data from the network switch. (not sure what stack data is other than maybe a data record) anyhoo, service provider has to do a complete stack data push to the network switch with all your device data. once thats done.... no more issue.

Hope this helps someone, was a royal pain for me.

rush no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Radio path unavailable

OK, new update... the most recent version of the blackberry package released (by T-mobile anyway) was never verified by RIM and is part of the problem. so whatever you do don't upgrade yet. T-mobile at least is going to release a stable approved ver soon

j llama no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    4U2ASKME

Thanks for the great info
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

kissofdeath01x no está en línea Stack level 1

In response to the "radio path unavailable".. its a software issue generally speaking and all you need to do is take your sim and battery out and then put it back together.. problem should now be resolved .. that info is actually available on the blackberry knowledgebase

Fobulous no está en línea Stack level 1
    I had the same problem with my Pearl. I was able to resolve the issue by taking reseating the battery..

ExWhyZee no está en línea Stack level 1
    I know this is an old thread but maybe this can help some one. I was able to get my BB to show the Radio Path Unavailable message by changing the voice coder to AMR-F and AMR-H. Seems like the network does not support them. Switched back to EFR and everything is normal.

mrmonzpin no está en línea Stack level 1
    How does one change the voice coder like ExWhyZee describes?

luvchyle no está en línea Stack level 1
    i have a bb curve 8900 and i had this same error as well however when i looked at my call log i was actually using Line 2 which is used for incoming calls i changed it back to Line 1 and my problem was solved

smcopey no está en línea Stack level 2
    i get this too on my pearl and it does it like 2 or 3 times when i keep trying to re make the call but after a few times my call goes through. and it just started happining..is it just t-mo or others too?

kdeleye no está en línea Stack level 1
    I also get this... its rather annoying, although I've mostly noticed it later at night between 9-10pm. Same issue, data/text work perfect but no calls in or out, incoming calls go straight to vmail. At least I get a text when I get a new vmail so I know someone called.
    Anyone found a fix??

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12