Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

When trying to make a call, I get the annoying three-note tone, and the call ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Peredoz no está en línea Stack level 1

Radio path unavailable

Advertisement

When trying to make a call, I get the annoying three-note tone, and the call does not go through, regardless of the number I call. A brief "Radio Path Unavailable" message appears on the screen, and that's that. Removing the battery and repositioning the SIM does not help.

I still get SMS and e-mail messages without any trouble, but what's happening with the phone?

Also, when I restart the phone, it prompts me if I want Instant Messaging to act as a server. Do I?

Last edited by cp6169; 11-23-2006 at 01:43 PM.

EvolutionCSR no está en línea Stack level 5
    Thats interesting, I have never heard of nor seen that "Radio Path Unavailable" message before, after my calls dont go through or when I get the "three-note tone".

Someone else may know, and should be along shortly.

Somebody just tried to call; the caller id worked, but I was unable to answer--the call got dropped. The upside is that I can still use the browser.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

Have you enabled call barring? (Sometimes called Call Blocking.)

Open the Phone app, press the Menu key, select Options, then select Call Barring.

My carrier doesn't have this service, so I cannot test it, but you will get one of three messages: unavailable, on, off.

Try that and let us know what you find out.

Thanks for the suggestion; I am with TMob, and it looks like they don't offer call barring either, at least my BB doesn't have it as a menu item.

Rampant confusion... the phone turned itself off and then started to work just fine. Am I the only proud owner of such a moody BB?

EvolutionCSR no está en línea Stack level 5
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~my 7100i used to turn itself off on occasion when using the program "naggie" but nothing like what happened to you. Glad your back up and working?

jlt3 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I am also having the same problem (getting the three tones and a quick flash of the message "radio path unavailable.") However, after manually power cycling my 8700c, and even removing/replacing the battery, I still haven't had any luck.

I can't consistently make/receive calls. Any other help is greatly appreciated.

AngelJo008 no está en línea Stack level 2
    I had the exact thing happen to me, excecpt I could place a call to the phone from another phone and I could answer. However, it lasted for about 2-3 minutes, never reset itself and started to work. I should mention I did the whole pull your battery thing and reset it but that didnt work either. i didn't have anything barred, in fact I was loading answer tones and new ringtones to my phone... that was it!!! Gladly, my phone has not dont that again!!! I should also mention I have the Cingular branded verison with the latest OS (pearl)

haji69 no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Radio path unavailable

hi there i'm having problem on my device blackberry 8700c becouse there was lock out i can't get in it shows that little radio sign on display any help let me know and thanks

luigitoosmooth no está en línea Stack level 1

im having the same problem with that omg someone help me
    Last edited by StaceyRVC; 12-11-2007 at 12:49 PM. Reason: foul language

tackdetack no está en línea Stack level 4

im using the pearl in israel and i sometimes get that problem. The phone is unlocked.

zenmaster143 no está en línea Stack level 1

I had the same problem with my blackberry pearl 8100, making outgoing calls it said "radio path unavailable". Tech support at T-mobile was unable to fix the problem and they suggested I take it to a T-mobile store to do a sim card swap to see if that fixed the problem. I tried restoring my phone to a previous state that I had saved on my computer using the blackberry desktop manager and that didn't work but then I tried the application loader adding one arbitrary application to the phone and that fixed the problem. So I would suggest trying to connect your phone to your computer, and using the application loader function of the blackberry desktop manager. Running it somehow fixed the issue that Tmobile couldn't fix. I hope this helps!

bea2uti9ful1 no está en línea Stack level 1

zenmaster 143, whenyou say adding one arbritrary application, do you know what application exactly? I've tried loading applications, but the wizard says my bb desktop does not have software for my device.
    I'm just stuck as I cant make outgoing calls and I keep getting the message radio path unavailable.
    Somebody please help!!!!!!

rush no está en línea Stack level 1

After doing some research ( post hair pulling, head banging ,incoherently ranting ) i found that There is a software conflict that occurs with the RIM JDE class
    net.rim.blackberry.api.phone
    Interface PhoneListener

the radio path error was introduced in 4.0, something in the newer software update past 4.1 is causing the error in the phonelistener class i just have not had time to try looking into it more. If anyone who is running into this problem has a dev kit where they can watch running processes might be able to track which app specifically is causing it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast