does anyone know if the tmobile SDA phone requires a data plan just like the ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

pearlboy no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23EB25B5

quick question about tmobile SDA

Advertisement

does anyone know if the tmobile SDA phone requires a data plan just like the BBpearl?

komakino no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: quick question about tmobile SDA

they said they do. i called them and complained about how they need to have better internet plans, you can't just jump from $5 to $20 a month! and i even wrote an email to customer service about it. right after i called i think i got some wonky internet connectivity. just a little bit here and there. later when my dad came over to tmobile also and decided to make a family plan i called them back and decided to be sneaky. i added the $5 internet plan to my sda phone and everything worked a lot better.

i will say though, the pearl is much faster than the sda when it comes to getting on the internet

peterbabiy no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    23DE41AA

SDA has been replaced with DASH sometime ago. They just didnt take it of their website. It is available for new costumers but not for an upgrade. About the DATA plan, u dont need to have it but basicaly with out it u wont do much, in other words yes it requiers lol. Another diff thing about it is that it's DATA plan is $29.99 and that includes EDGE, Wi-Fi and HotSpot which is basicaly the same thing as Wi-Fi.

Hopefully this helps

dasupaman23 no está en línea Stack level 6

With the $4.99 T-zones plan you have to use the proxy to access the net. It's not that bad tho. Depends on if you have EDGE coverage or not. On the SDA and other phones with Wi-Fi, I use that as my main connection. It's wayyy faster than EDGE will ever be.

To answer the OP's question: You don't NEED an data plan for the SDA but why not add the $4.99 t-zones? I mean for $5 you can't beat that with a baseball bat.

peterbabiy no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    23DE41AA

Quote Originally Posted by dasupaman23
    With the $4.99 T-zones plan you have to use the proxy to access the net. It's not that bad tho. Depends on if you have EDGE coverage or not. On the SDA and other phones with Wi-Fi, I use that as my main connection. It's wayyy faster than EDGE will ever be.

To answer the OP's question: You don't NEED an data plan for the SDA but why not add the $4.99 t-zones? I mean for $5 you can't beat that with a baseball bat.
    Wi-Fi is faster than ENDGE ye, but doesnt cover only a specific small area like near a coffee shop or library...