Hey guys just got my pearl a couple days ago and I am now an ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

llpearl.userll no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up Quick Noob Question

Advertisement

Hey guys just got my pearl a couple days ago and I am now an addict.Im coming from a motorola Q so the blackberry is just amazing me.Anyways one thing I cant find to disable is when you get a phone call or a new voicemail you automatically get a text message saying you a who called message and a new voicemail message.Is there any way to disable this so i dont get those message in my sms inbox?

XLiMBS no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    20F3D846

Re: Quick Noob Question

Going into your notification options on your voicemail should allow you to change the notification type.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I checked my voicemail options but it only had the disable voice mail notification. I still want to be notified of missed calls and voicemail's just not by text messages.I just would rather use the icons on your hompeage to establish what message I have,not recieve a text messgae about it.

Paiger850419 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2400E01C

The messages folder is not only SMS it is any emails and notifications you may receive. My phone doesn't do that tho so I can't really tell you an opt.to change

jbean7916 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    245A99C3

go to the phone log, hit menu and go to options, go to call logging and select none. That will keep them out of your message box!!

Its actually already saved in the phone log (none).Im sure theres some way to disable it,if not its fine with me I was just curious if it was a possiblity.Is it possible that its my carrier that does this(rogers) or does everyone's blackberry do that?

joek71 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    319CCF42

pearl, can you please tell me what are the major difference between the 2 phones, i just would like to know

superdad no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Quote Originally Posted by llpearl.userll
    Its actually already saved in the phone log (none).Im sure theres some way to disable it,if not its fine with me I was just curious if it was a possiblity.Is it possible that its my carrier that does this(rogers) or does everyone's blackberry do that?
    The message is coming from ur carrier.I don't get such messages. Am sure u can call them and hv it disabled

mcubed no está en línea Stack level 3

Im with rogers and i do not get txt messages for missed calls

Just go to phone then go to options and it is in call logging select none and this will stop your missed called going to your messages folder

hypergerl no está en línea Stack level 1

I got the phone to stop telling me about missed calls... but not to stop text messaging me about voicemail!

JjcampNR no está en línea Stack level 3

I have a feeling what you're referring to isn't controlled by the Blackberry or the Blackberry Server, and may not actually be a text message. When you get the missed call message does it show up in your Outlook (or other email client) mailbox as well?

Many corporate phone systems now deliver voicemail not only to the phone system but will also send an email message with the voicemail attached to the email inbox (for example, Cisco's Unity system does this). This lets mobile users check their voicemail from their Blackberry making it easy to check your messages if you're out of the office. This is controlled by your company's phone system and isn't something you can disable from the Blackberry. You could probably configure a rule in Outlook to move the message out of your inbox to another folder, then disable redirection of that folder from Desktop Manager - this should stop them showing up on your Blackberry.