Not sure if this has been discussed, but I haven't seen it, and thought other ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Shel no está en línea Stack level 3

Quick movie showtime tip for U.S. members

Advertisement

Not sure if this has been discussed, but I haven't seen it, and thought other people might find this useful.

If you live in the U.S. and want to find out when/where a movie is playing, there is a service called 43 Kix (www.43kix.com).

Simply text message to 43549 (the numeric equivalent of 43kix on most phones!) the name of the movie you would like to see, a space, followed by your zip code.

Instantly, 43kix will text back the location of the theater nearest to you showing this picture, and the next time it's showing.

If, right after recieving this info, you text ONLY the name of the movie again to 43kix (leave off your zip code), the service will send you ALL showtimes of theaters in your area~

This is a free service from 43kix (whom I have no relationship with). You are only charged IF and BY your carrier, if they charge for text messages.

This is an excellent, QUICK way to find out about showtimes, if you are suddently in the mood for a movie.

Hope this might be of value to someone.
    Last edited by Shel; 07-16-2007 at 04:35 AM.

freddyqu2 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E46BFB

Re: Quick movie showtime tip for U.S. members

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~THANX for the info

anfrey no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    A5KME41T

good info, but too bad it uses SMS.

jjames42 no está en línea Stack level 2

You can also access the mobile Fandango site for this info.

VeryBerry no está en línea Stack level 3

Good tip if you don't have internet (since it uses sms)...but I find it much easier just to use beyond411 since I do.

Shel no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by VeryBerry
    Good tip if you don't have internet (since it uses sms)...but I find it much easier just to use beyond411 since I do.
    Yeah, I was out with the family yesterday, and returning from the park, my wife suggested that she would take the kids to a movie.

Wanting to "show off" my brand new Pearl (!), I quckly whipped it out, and went to beyond411.com. Could NOT get it to show me movie times... when I entered my zip, I didn't know if I should then press the return key (that didn't work, it moved to the next line), or select (also didn't work) or press O.K.

I pressed o.k., but nothing happened for over a minute.

I then went to bb browser, and entered www.fandango. Again, I had problems, where it wouldn't recognize my zip code! Not sure WHAT I was doing wrong, but I've now found and added www.mobile.fandango.com) which works fine. (For some reason, my wife was unimpressed that I could tell her ALL the showtimes for Transformers playing in Manhatten. Can't figure it out... could be that we live in Los Angeles???)

The basic Fandango site (not for mobile) isn't very friendly when using a phone screen!

Could not remember, to save my life, the text address for 43 tix (I couldn't remember the services name. I had entered it on my previous phone, but I've since returned that phone to get the blackberry)

So much for my showing my better half what a great decision getting a blackberry was!

For me, being sms isn't charged to me by my provider, 43kix works great. It's FAST, and it works.
    Last edited by Shel; 07-16-2007 at 04:01 PM.

bacterium no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    204A98FA

...why does it never work for me when I try to text to one of these short numbers?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~