i'm getting a t-mobile 8100 pearl 1.) what internet related things can i do without ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

awesome8100 no está en línea Stack level 1

Questions regarding 8100

Advertisement

i'm getting a t-mobile 8100 pearl

1.) what internet related things can i do without the $19.99 BB data plan from t-mo? AIM? weather check? GPS?
    2.) what can i do with the $5.99 t-moweb plan? how is it different from the $19.99 data plan? can i have AIM/web browsing on opera mini with the $5.99 plan?
    3.) is there a way to surf the web without having to pay? if not, can i surf the web with the $5.99 plan (using opera mini and accessing more than just WAP sites?)
    4.) what are the key programs for the 8100? (that you guys find most useful)

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Re: Questions regarding 8100

1) There is a new feature being introduced that will allow you to do certain things without a data plan. I will let someone else with more experience explain that one. Before that came along, you couldn't do anything without a BlackBerry Data plan.

2) I will let someone else answer this one also.

3) You will be charged per KB of data without any plan.

4) BlackBerry Messenger, Opera Mini (some have loaded this via Desktop Manager to use the web without a BB data plan), Yahoo Messenger, JiveTalk (for AIM, ICQ, and MSN).

thanks a lot, i'll wait for someone to explain 1&2

oh btw, so if i use opera mini w/o the BB plan to surf, i'll be charged by per kb of data right? no way to work around it i assume

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

actually having the data pla will definately benefit you. without that data plan then you have no access to mms, aim, email or interent. T-mobile just put in place a policy where you won;t be able to add the 5.99$ package if you have a data phone. you'll be charged per kb. T-mobile has started a new thing for customers who have the bb devices but don't want to pay for the data package. it's free and it will aloow you to send mms sms and access instant message, but you will need a text bundle so you won't pay per message. it's very beneficial to have the data package.
    very good applications to have is bb messenger, jive talk (instant messenger application), google maps, yahoo go! (allows you to search, map and find local information such as traffic and weather), beamberry (if yuo have a bluetooth printer, allows you to print from your device to printer.
    hope this info helps.

thanks, now i'll have a make-shift portable navigation system so i won't get lost! (i'm only 16 and i don't know my directions outside of my city very well lol)

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

zeyrah no está en línea Stack level 3

Actually now there is a free add on that will allow you todo mms, sms, and Tzones. All you need todo is call in to Cust care, and they will add it! Remember though, although the feature is free you will still be charged for the text, picture, and texts used in IM's! As others stated, I would still recomend the data plan!

spchitman no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23fe3fd0

just in case, you didnt already know, you can also use you pearl as a modem for your computer to connect to the internet. Say you go somewhere and dont feel like paying for the wifi connnections to get on the internet, you can open your blackberry desktop, follow the instructions on how to install your phone as a modem, and bam, done.

P.S. your phone, nor does the desktop manager come with instructions on how to do that. So go here and I have typed some up that work pretty well, along with the input from some others if you are more technically advanced. http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...00g_modem.html
    I wish golf greens all funneled down to the hole.