Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Originally Posted by jhaebre yea but i think deletin that service book helped yep for ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

antx16 no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Question about TMo-Italy 8100 OS 4.2.1.66

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by jhaebre
    yea but i think deletin that service book helped
    yep for sure thats why i think it is carrier related , because the carriers send the service books , mine has no reference whatsoever

and still had the same desktop software , latest one from blackberry

antx16 no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by Cuevas
    Has any of you experienced something like this:

So i tried installing the TIM 4.2.1.102 version and ran in to a problem. Could anyone tell what am I doing wrong?
    So downloaded the software, installed and deleted the vendor.xml file. From there to the DM and go the "Updates Available" pop-up so I select "update now" and proceed to do the install I have tried it with the auto update and also with no auto update.

Ok so this is the part where I get stuck. On the next screen the program goes through the list updating the device all the way up to "wait for device initialization" this is when I my computer looses the USB conection and it gives me the "USB connection problem" message I ignore it and the update continues to the next check up "read java application" during this time the USB is connecting and desconnecting. After a couple minutes the process is stoped I get error Failed to update device and the back up file could not be restored.

So I end up with my BB without an OS installed. I had to delete the new version and install the original version 4.2.0.64 from T-Mo in order to get it back up running. And now I just installed the Cingular 4.2.0.73 without a problem but I would really like to get the TIM OS installed on my 8100. Any advise?

P.S.
    I had posted this same question in some other thread but did not get solution

Thnx

this is a windows related problem uninstall the desktop manager and the italy os from control panel>add remove hardware , then reboot your computer reinstall desktop manager , then install italy os , delete vendor.xml and all should be ok

jhaebre no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    just ask

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Ok people for all of those tmobile user who keeps getting the browser poppin up after your upgrade if you don't want it just delect it from your service books!!

jhaebre no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    just ask

~via Mylee (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Steve before you upgraded did you have any I'm services? The reason I asked us because I never did, and I guess I'm the only one having this problem so do you think its a way to fix it?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12