Hey everyone, its my first time on this web forum, and my first blackberry! I ... BlackBerry Pearl forum
Question Regarding MicroSD Media Card
Hey everyone, its my first time on this web forum, and my first blackberry! I just have a couple of quick questions about the MicroSD media card.
1. What is the max capacity that one can use, and do i need to use an adapter, or just insert the card?
2. When transferring files, between PC and BB Device, can I transfer to media card, while its inserted into BB Device, or must I use an adapter to PC?
1. On the 8130 the max size currently is 8gb. You need a microSD card and just insert the card into the BB being carefull to insert so that the metal contacts face the front of the BB. The adaptor is to insert it into the PC.
2. You can transfer files as if the BB is a drive on the PC with the "Mass Storage Mode" on. Set the "Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected" to on also or prompt if you want to choose when you connect the BB. The BB will obviously need to be connected to the PC via USB to perform. To change these settings go to options > media card
3. Welcome to PinStack! and the world of BB
I just got a new card and am getting the following error message
Media card cannot be read. Verify that the memory card is formatted.
When I try to format it says the following
Memory card format failed
Try putting it in an adaptor and formatting it on the PC, then insert and format in the BB. Be sure you are installing it correctly also.
I formatted on the PC but still getting the same error. By "installing", I assume you just mean inserting into the phone? I put with contacts facing the front.
Also, Memory card format failed error message appears almost instantaneously upon selecting format card option.
On my card I just put it in and loaded it up mp3s and pics and it works just fine.
Originally Posted by chetp
Until the next OS update the 8130 doesn't support 6 or 8 gig cards!! I know it says that it dose but it doesn't. RIM just released a bullet for this. What size is your card?
Once you go Black(berry) you'll never go back!!!
The 8130 is sold with 8gb media card support since it is using the 4.3 OS. The 8100 supports only up to 4gb.
Originally Posted by dvst8ion
tried formatting it on another PC & got it to work. Thanks for all the responses.
i just purchased a pearl 8130 about a month ago and yesterday purchased a 4gb micro sd card, now i cannot format on my phone but it will let me format on my computer, only problem is that my phone still says it needs to be formatted... any ideas or suggestions
I had a simular issue w/ computer format not helping...I rebooted my desktop and tried again...it worked.
oh its amazing what a reboot or battery pull will cure.
Tags for this Thread