hi everyone..Paul the n00b here..... I have gone through this board, the www, the manual, ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

paulypaul no está en línea Stack level 3

question regarding kb lock after taking a call

Advertisement

hi everyone..Paul the n00b here.....

I have gone through this board, the www, the manual, even Rogers wireless support and can't find the solution to my problem.

History: back in 2000 I had an audivox candy bar syle handset. If you locked the number pad you could still pick up a phone call. but after hanging up the numer pad would place it'self back into a lock mode. it's good logic IMO. you didn't make the call so why should the number pad remain unlocked. after the call you put the handset back into your pocket without worry of accidentcal key strokes. end of story.

But to my disbelieve the pearl does not do that, If the KB is locked and you receive a call you have access to the KB to accept the call. but after the call the KB remains unlocked. Poor design IMO.

again, I have searched high and low. Is there an option I am missing? does this feature exist?

I would like it very much if the KB would stay locked after taking a call.

thanks for your help

P

pedroza no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23F123C7

Re: question regarding kb lock after taking a call

~via BB I believe my pearl locks back. I don't use keypad lock anymore. I hit the mute button on top and put in standby mode it locks keypad and conserves battery life. (wap.pinstack.com)~

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: question regarding kb lock after taking a call

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    There is a program that autolocks your keys. Its on geekandproud.com can't get the exact link since I'm on my BB.

Also the standby mode works much better than the key lock in my opinion. No accidental 911 calls.