Hey what's up pin? Well here is my question, why is the Multi-tap mode icon ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

hperkins1 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question-Multi tap mode icon!

Advertisement

Hey what's up pin? Well here is my question, why is the Multi-tap mode icon stuck in the top right hand corner of the screen, slighty covering the "edge" indicator? It is kind of annoying, I am not running any kind of apps or anything, and the only way to make it go away is to click on the browser icon and then hit the end key, but after a few minutes, it pops back up again.

Thanks for any replies

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: Question-Multi tap mode icon!

Which icon is it? The ABC icon? You should be able to go to your menu and enable suretype. My pearl would do it every so often with the old OS. Hasn't happened since I updated.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

proanim8r no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23E693F2

That occasionally happens to me. The way I get rid of it is to go into message compose, then menu, then "Enable SureType." That gets rid of it until it appears again in some arbitrary fashion.

dkozinn no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23f260fb

You can also try pressing and holding the "*" key for a few seconds, which is a shortcut to toggle Multi-tap that's available from any (well, most, I think) applications. I don't know if it will help in your situation, but it might be worth a try.
    David

dtd509 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23E2BF3F

I agree holding the "*" is going to be the quickest way to get rid of the ABC icon. Just beware that if you get rid of the ABC icon you will no longer be in multi-tap mode and will not be able to change it unless you repeat either of these methods.

jablaze no está en línea Stack level 2

Doesn't work on my Pearl

Pressing and holding * brings up the symbols list. Does multi-tap need to be enabled somewhere?

kenvan60 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23f4e3a6
    Ppen notepad and go to the menu to enable multitap. Holding down my * key on the 8100 locks the keyboard