i was under the impression there were a few tmobile employees on this forum, so ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

TheCow no está en línea Stack level 2

question for tmobile employees

Advertisement

i was under the impression there were a few tmobile employees on this forum, so this question is for those people, or anyone that might know.

i've had my pearl since feb. and just this morning my pearl decides to stop rolling. i can get most directions, but down and right are all but gone. my question is this, is this a warrentable problem? i have about another year left on my contract and cant afford buying a new pearl outright.

tj2311111 Guest

Re: question for tmobile employees

I had the same problem with my first Pearl. I called T mobile and they sent me out a replacement. First did you read the threads dedicated to this topic for correcting the issue. If those don't work then call T-mobile and I'm sure they will send a replacement if your under warranty....

TheCow no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by teamjordan23 View Post
    I had the same problem with my first Pearl. I called T mobile and they sent me out a replacement. First did you read the threads dedicated to this topic for correcting the issue. If those don't work then call T-mobile and I'm sure they will send a replacement if your under warranty....
    yeah, i saw the thread on how to clean it. but i dont really want to risk breaking it further. besides, if it can be replaced for free why bother? i have over a year of contract left and <4 months of warrenty left.

on a side note, did they give you a hard time about replacing it?

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by TheCow View Post
    yeah, i saw the thread on how to clean it. but i dont really want to risk breaking it further. besides, if it can be replaced for free why bother? i have over a year of contract left and <4 months of warrenty left.

on a side note, did they give you a hard time about replacing it?
    If under a warranty which is 1 year from first use this is a warrantiable issue. They will make you run an application loader and go through basic troubleshooting just play along and they will help you out.

tj2311111 Guest

No I wasn't talking about the thread where you have to open it up (the trackball area) and clean it. That will void your warranty. Did you try to clean it with a q tip and some rubbing alcohol (not alot on the q tip) or pressing down with some effort on the trackball (not too much force) and roll the ball around. Even try a battery pull. The reason I say this is, the reason it could've stopped working is there might be some lint caught up in the rollers causing it to not scroll.

If you really want though you can call T-Mobile and explain what happened and they will most likely send you out a replacement. They will try and trouble shoot it with you and if it still doesnt work theyll send a replacement. T-mobile CS is one of the best, easy to deal with and are very helpful.

Yogich no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Seems to me that cleaning the trackball should be routine maintenance. Mine needs cleaning every two or three weeks, depending upon conditions.