OK i use this program on the pearl called verichat. I am on cingular and ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

partyandbs no está en línea Stack level 2

Question about using an AIM program on pearl

Advertisement

OK i use this program on the pearl called verichat. I am on cingular and was wondering do i get charged text messages for each aim message i send or recieve or is this using data??

aergern no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Question about using an AIM program on pearl

Quote Originally Posted by partyandbs
    OK i use this program on the pearl called verichat. I am on cingular and was wondering do i get charged text messages for each aim message i send or recieve or is this using data??
    As long as you have a data package then you should be ok. Whatever you do .. do not use the OZ messaging client because you do get dinged for SMS messages with that... at least on TMO they have a proxy setup between the various IM networks and you. It's the SUCK.
    --
    Faith is the truth of passion.
    Since no passion is more true than another,
    faith is the truth of nothing.

partyandbs no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by aergern
    As long as you have a data package then you should be ok. Whatever you do .. do not use the OZ messaging client because you do get dinged for SMS messages with that... at least on TMO they have a proxy setup between the various IM networks and you. It's the SUCK.
    oh ok well im on Cingular with a data plan I just didnt wanna be aiming away and then get a big bill at the end of the month

And what is this annual subscription i read about in a thread about IM programs
    blackberryforums.pinstack.com/190-instant_messaging_software_im_clients.html

I got the verichat program for free so am i gonna get billed from cingular for using it or something

Abrcrmbskier no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23FC990F

Hey Partyandbs!
    I'd recomend JIVETALK, sorry I don't have the link right now for it but do a search here for it. I know for a fact it uses DATA and only DATA so you'd be safe on your SMS'. Does cingy offer an "Unlimted DATA plan?" if so then don't worry about a large bill *I have this on TMOB*. Hope that helped, PIN me if more is needed.-Aber

simeezee no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    215C1928

JiveTalk is the best AIM program so far.

send an email to support@beejive.com to become a beta tester.