Ok, here's the deal. I have a BB 8100 Pearl. It is set to my ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Double_Down no está en línea Stack level 1

Question about upgrading OS.

Advertisement

Ok, here's the deal. I have a BB 8100 Pearl. It is set to my company's BES for e-mail purposes. We use the default IT policy, so there are really no restrictions. So, I went into the Options for the various PIM applications, and set "wireless synchronization" to "no." That way, I can take my Pearl home and sync those PIM applications with my home copy of Outlook. So, my Pearl is as follows:

BES - work e-mail
    BIS - personal e-mail
    Address Book, Calendar, To Do and Notes - personal

This setup works perfectly for me, and I don't want to risk doing anything to disturb the way it's setup.

So, with all that having been said, my OS is currently 4.2.1.96. I'm having some memory leak issues and I'd like to upgrade to the latest OS.

My concern, however, is that all (or even some) of my settings are going to be disturbed.

If I upgrade to the latest OS, will I need to "re-connect" to the BES at work? Will I need to reconfigure my e-mail accounts? Will I need to set the "wireless sync" back to "no"?

Simply stated, after installing the new OS, will everything be configured as it is now, or will I need to re-configure everything?

Thanks in advance.

Natex338 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    245d8ba3
    I think but I'm not positive on this but I'm pretty sure that If you do back up of your phone it should automatically sinc your settings and all your stuff. But I'm kind of new to the BB and to pinstack. So I would double check~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Double_Down no está en línea Stack level 1
    Can anybody clarify this for me? Thanks.

jtberry no está en línea Stack level 2
    Best & safest bet would be to "BACK UP/ STORE" your current OS
    / files before upgrading. So if there is the event of lowered
    expectations, you can always revert back and start over.