Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hello stackers! Okay i got a question and i don't really know where to post ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Blukrystlz no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    Askme4it

Thumbs up Question about TMo & Cingy...

Advertisement

Hello stackers!

Okay i got a question and i don't really know where to post this, so my apologies once again if i post it in the wrong place.

Down to my question, I am currently a TMo customer and i was kind of wondering how Cingular adds up as far as service quality is concerned? I was thinking of switching companies and would like some input as to whether i should just stick with TMo or switch to Cingy. I have heard froma couple of people that i work with that Cingy is very good, especially with their plans. Any input would be greatly appreciated!
    TIA

Blu

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: Question about TMo & Cingy...

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    It all depends on your coverage and cost. I myself have great coverage and the price is right with Tmo. I like my TMO. That's my 2 cents.

peterbabiy no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    23DE41AA

Cingular data plan is 10 bucks more and it really depends on your area. Go to tmo and Cingular websites and compare their coverage areas. My personal opinion, tmo is better in evetthing.

Sorry Cingular users lol truth hurts

tgeekb no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2102EF9F

Cingular coverage is overall, hands down, better. If you are in an area where TMO gets good coverage though, their data plans are cheaper.

love_this no está en línea Stack level 2

We were with Cingy forever and switched to TM when the Pearl came out. IMHO it really depends on coverage and where you live. BUT TM's data plan is less expensive.

peterbabiy no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    23DE41AA

So stick with tmo

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no

i'm with Tmo cuz coverage is great where I am at and you get the most bang for your buck. Even with insurance, msg plan, voice and data plan I don't break 80.

shuteru no está en línea Stack level 2

My old T-Mo Phones got consistently Zero coverage in the area where I live, whereas Cingy gives me a solid 5 bars. So in that respect, there's no contest.

One advantage that T-Mo has over Cingy though, is that I don't think T-mo Hobbles the Wi-Fi capabilities of the pearl, so it can be used as a tethered modem. Anyone care to chime in on this? Unfortunately, it's not something I've researched since my tablet has an EVDO card and crawling along at 14.4 makes my skin crawl

What it all boils down to though is just whose coverage is better in your area..... one provider can have all the bells and whistles at a great price, but if you have to drive a mile away from your home to get a decent signal, then it's pretty much worthless.
    Last edited by shuteru; 03-30-2007 at 07:42 PM.
    Brand new in Box - Nextel 7100i For sale !

Details HERE

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no

the pearl model has no built in wifi, cingular didn't disable it. you can use it as a tethered modem via EDGE on both cingular and t-mobile, just t-mobile's is free while cingular requires you to pay.

angeleyes no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2404A818

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~tmo is crap here where I live and I love Cingular. Never had a dropped call or anything. Consistently had that issue with tmo when I had them

rdc2000 no está en línea Stack level 2

I just switched from Cingy to TMO. As everyone says above, it depends on coverage in your area. TMO is way cheaper for BIS and text plans. They have a good coverage map on their web site- check it out. In less than a month I've tested in about 5 cities and TMO was stellar in all, including a small college town outside Philly.
    Cingulars "fewest dropped calls" advertising campaign is just that- advertising. The survey it's based on was a small one. TMO ranks higher for coverage on the larger JD Power and Consumer Reports surveys. And with Cingy now being AT&T- the old MA Bell that never did a single consumer a favor and was broken up by the gov't 30 years ago- all the more reason to stay away IMHO.

sesso no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    319F766D

i had cingular and signal is a lil weaker and MMS sucks with them..sms comes through slow at times. i wasnt happy so i went back to tmo.. i do like the 8800 but miss the camera.. so now i have the white pearl

Blukrystlz no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    Askme4it

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who replied about this, your input was greatly appreciated. I decided to stick it out with TMo at least till my contract is up then i will make the true decision.
    Thank you again,
    Blu

seedyburner no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2438f59d

Also, Once you leave what either provider considers your "Home Coverage Area" you use any carriers tower. They both have free roaming. So it just comes down to price and coverage where you are. T-mobile has the price and if the coverage is good you might as well just stay with them.

tkgeekwill no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23F5F200

I just encountered this first hand.

I picked up a T-Mo Pearl the week before I moved. I get to my new apartment the following Friday and notice that I have zero service inside, when I go outside, I got some, but I could not make a data connection.

That Sunday I went to the Cingular store and got another one with them. Coverage is much better. I have no problems at home, and at work, I get EDGE everywhere compared to spotty GPRS with T-Mo.

I really like T-Mo's pricing and service. But unfortunately, I needed reliable coverage. I am yet to loose signal with Cingular.
    Smartphone Reviews-

Technophobia

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast