Are there any special benefits with going into standby? I'm basically wondering if there's a ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

fashionrider57 no está en línea Stack level 2

Question about "standby"

Advertisement

Are there any special benefits with going into standby?

I'm basically wondering if there's a difference between holding the mute button down and putting it into standby... or locking the buttons (unlock with * + call) and having the screen automatically turn off by itself.

Are they both the same? Only difference I noticed is that in standby mode, nothing can wake up the phone except the mute button. With the keypad lock, any button pushed turns on the screen but is still locked.

snoweey no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23f389df

Re: Question about "standby"

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~essentially they are the same standby actually turns the phone off though except for the radio and nothing will wake it except the mute button. I mainly use standby when I don't have my case and am carrying it in my pocket as its easier to wake up with just one button press

synthalo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    215c93ad

I also prefer the standby better I find that it keepes my battery life fromd draining as much. Not to mention it is fun watching someone pick it up and try to figure out how to get it on. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Befor i had the case i had it set to autolock the keyboard b/c standby took too long. My actual suggestion is to get a magnetic case to put the phone in standby mode automatically and then it will wake up when you remove from the case.

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie_gauge
    Befor i had the case i had it set to autolock the keyboard b/c standby took too long. My actual suggestion is to get a magnetic case to put the phone in standby mode automatically and then it will wake up when you remove from the case.
    X 2.

I have the OEM slider holster like that. It works great, and it keeps the phone from accumulating dust and lint under the trackball and keys while its cruising around in my pocket. Wakes right up when I slide it out to answer a call or read a message.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

HICOMPCRX no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23EAD368

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~is there a program like "autolock", but for standby mode?

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

Quote Originally Posted by HICOMPCRX
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~is there a program like "autolock", but for standby mode?
    Not that I am aware of, since the Mute Button does this, the holsters do it, and the phone will also do it if you leave it unattended long enough. You can probably go into settings somewhere and change the amount of time before it shifts to standby.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

kramster no está en línea Stack level 2

When i put my phone in stand by it doesnt let me answer any calls

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Quote Originally Posted by kramster
    When i put my phone in stand by it doesnt let me answer any calls
    update your OS