Hey guys, I have a couple of questions after one week of use; 1. I ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

thexter no está en línea Stack level 2

Question about SMS and custom ringtone

Advertisement

Hey guys, I have a couple of questions after one week of use;

1. I cannot SMS text people. I have a friends with Verizon phones (non BB) and they do not nor can I receive an SMS text from them. (I am Cingular). When I send them an SMS I just send it to their cell# (I do not include an @ address). Do I have to do something different?

2. I have noticed that when my phone enters lock mode - the ringer is always the default - it ignores the custom ringtones. Since I cannot turn off the Lock interval time (set by my corporate BES) I wanted to verify if this was standard funtionality and if so, is there a way change it?

Guess the second question is actually two.

Thanks!

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Re: Question about SMS and custom ringtone

1) are you going to messages, click menu, choose compose sms text? you may want to check with cingular/att to make sure you are provisioned to send sms...have you tried sending mms? if that doesn't work either, then i would lean more towards you missing the service books. (and now that i read more, your sms could have been disabled by your IT security policy/admin - might wanna start there)

2) you will want to change the profiles (i am assuming the lock mode is actually you 'holstering' it. go to profiles and scroll to advance. you will want to change each profile to match your needs. one for out of holster and one for in holster as well, for each one.

thexter no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Question about SMS and custom ringtone

Thanks for responding. I went to profiles and noticed I still had the "Holster" set to vibrate & tone. Good catch. I changed it to TONE and will check it when other people start showing up to work!

Other people in our org have BB's and are able to text. I will check with them and see if they specialized my account in some way.

I will let you know what happens. Thanks again!