I took a picture with my pearl today and transfer it to my computer. The ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

simeezee no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    215C1928

Question about pearl's camera

Advertisement

I took a picture with my pearl today and transfer it to my computer. The picture quality is not so good (indoor with enough lighting) and the file size is only 80k.

So I was wondering what are the correct settings to take the best qulitity pictures possible.

Thanks in advance.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: Question about pearl's camera

It's kinda tricky...it all depends on the lighting distance you're away from the subject too.
    But just to show you. Here are some pics with the same settings just different lighting and distance away from the subject.

The settings are as follows.
    Flash Setting: Automatic
    White Balance: Sunny
    Picture Size: Large (1280x1024)
    Picture Quality: Superfine

So the first 3 are really good, couldn't tell you why either. I guess I was pretty close to everyone and it was pretty bright. All the pictures are without the zoom and the flash didn't go off. Last 3 i believe there just wasn't enough light and pretty far away from the people.

These were with the same settings just outside on a cloudy day. They turned out pretty good. Hope that helps. Don't mind the pics, we were just out at the bars for a birthday. They were the only decent pics I've been able to get with my Pearl. Cheers! Oh yea none of them are of me! My crazy drunk friends! LOL

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no

hey, pics came out very good for the Pearl, red. it can be fussier than a pregnant woman when it wants to be.

normal - lowest quality
    fine - middle quality
    superfine - highest quality

I use superfine with Medium (640 x 480). As for discoloration, I use Adobe Photoshop CS on any pics that I want to keep/post. It has auto color/leveling that works amazing to turn even the worst pictures pretty decent.

dwagman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

My vote is that its pretty good for a camera phone and i'm thrilled that RIM included, for once, a camera in one of their devices, although its not as good as my old 1.3 mp cameraphone, lg...but what are you taking pictures of on your phone that need to be such amazing quality for anyway? If you're on taking pictures on the fly, its perfect, but if you're going out on vacation, bring a real camera...

PIN/ID
    spam=no

LoL dwag, I said the same thing about it not being as good as my old 1.3mp LG cameraphone (in a previous post). I had the VX9800 (the V) and it produced amazing photos. I posted some comparisson shots and no one really had a response.

roastedbagel no está en línea Stack level 1

Hey Dwag, which LG phone did you have? I had the VX8100 and man that thing took pictures that people literally didnt believe me when I told them it was camera phone. It was to the point where I didn't even use my digital camera anymore, I just used the phone as my main camera, as the pictures were so friggin clear on it...I kinda miss that phone actually So coming from that phone as far as the camera goes, I am a little disappointed as the quality is not that great with the pearl, but I still love it!

danedel no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    204CF742

In looking at you photos reddeog....Mine look the same. Sometimes perfect, sometinmes with low or little light I get bad results. Glad to see I am not the only one...

gguerrero775 no está en línea Stack level 1

I CAN'T ZOOM on my camera for some reason

For some reason when I try to zoom in and out from a specific object I can't seem to anymore. I tried resetting the trackball sensitivity level already but didn't seem to help much.

Anyone know what the problem is?

PIN/ID
    spam=no

Re: I CAN'T ZOOM on my camera for some reason

Quote Originally Posted by gguerrero775
    For some reason when I try to zoom in and out from a specific object I can't seem to anymore. I tried resetting the trackball sensitivity level already but didn't seem to help much.

Anyone know what the problem is?
    try a 30s battery pull.

gguerrero775 no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Good advise

Much appreciated.