I recently DL Opera Mini, and noticed that everytime I go back to myspace, I ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

harm_dzines no está en línea Stack level 3

Question about Opera Mini and myspace...

Advertisement

I recently DL Opera Mini, and noticed that everytime I go back to myspace, I have to completly log in again, as if I cleared my cookies, even though I select the "Remember Me" option. It doesnt do that to pinstack or gmail, I have not cleared my cookies since I DL Opera Mini. Its kind of annoying having to enter my email and password eveytime. Any thoughts? BTW: I have not changed any of the settings to Opera Mini

Thanks in advance!

RemyKirin no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask me

Re: Question about Opera Mini and myspace...

Yeah that's a known problem it happenes to me all the time here is the reason directly from the Opera FAQ section:

Security

Can I browse securely with Opera Mini?

Yes.
    Does Opera Mini support encrypted connections?

Yes. Information sent between your handset and the website is encrypted in the advanced version of Opera Mini 3.0. In the basic version of Opera Mini 3.0 and older versions, there is no encryption between your handset and the Opera Mini servers. See a more detailed explanation here.
    Is there any end-to-end security between my handset and for example paypal.com or my bank?

No. Opera Mini uses a transcoder server to translate HTML/CSS/JavaScript into a more compact format. It will also shrink any images to fit the screen of your handset. This translation step makes Opera Mini fast, small, and also very cheap to use. To be able to do this translation, the Opera Mini server needs to have access to the unencrypted version of the Web page. Therefore no end-to-end encryption between the client and the remote Web server is possible. If you need full end-to-end encryption, you should use a full Web browser such as Opera for Mobile.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by harm_dzines
    I recently DL Opera Mini, and noticed that everytime I go back to myspace, I have to completly log in again, as if I cleared my cookies, even though I select the "Remember Me" option. It doesnt do that to pinstack or gmail, I have not cleared my cookies since I DL Opera Mini. Its kind of annoying having to enter my email and password eveytime. Any thoughts? BTW: I have not changed any of the settings to Opera Mini

Thanks in advance!
    It happens to me also. I cannot mass delete any messages, comments, or friend requests on MySpace without it logging me out. This also happens on Upoc.com. I cannot vote on polls. I like the new features of the beta version but don't want to have to revert back to OM 3.

HEY MANG no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    25871AF3

is there a method to making it full screen as with the default browser?

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

Yes, go to the Menu (QW softkey), and under Tools-->Settings--> uncheck Fit to Width
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

TanBucsFan no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    Ask me!

Hi there. Just wanted to note that Opera has a few different issues when on MySpace. For instance replying to a message will cause the message to be deleted, trying to accept friend request will also cause the friend request to be deleted. I don't know if the same things are happening on the new beta release of Opera Mini, but these are some known issues when using Opera on myspace.

PIN/ID
    25871AF3

Quote Originally Posted by LaTuFu
    Yes, go to the Menu (QW softkey), and under Tools-->Settings--> uncheck Fit to Width
    What i meant was getting rid of the red border part on top...I dont mind but just though I'd throw that out there. Aight den.

best,

george

Zekialstone no está en línea Stack level 3

Tap "*" twice. That will get rid of the borders. There is a glossary of Opera shortcuts in menu/tools/help/shortcuts

ogmarvel no está en línea Stack level 1

i cant even get my opera mini to work!...(failed to connect message all the time)

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

do you have you TCP/APN settings correct?

Check this thread #5

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com..._mini_faq.html

- tom - no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK

Quote Originally Posted by ogmarvel
    i cant even get my opera mini to work!...(failed to connect message all the time)
    I had the same problem with you! Trust me, I have done EVERYTHING to make the Opera works well with my Pearl (OS.101).

So, the answer is only WIPE YOUR HANDHELD, then try to reinstall Opera.

Before you wipe your handheld, please uninstall the opera first!
    -t o m-
    *PearlLover, CurveAbuser*
    :D

ogmarvel no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by - tom -
    I had the same problem with you! Trust me, I have done EVERYTHING to make the Opera works well with my Pearl (OS.101).

So, the answer is only WIPE YOUR HANDHELD, then try to reinstall Opera.

Before you wipe your handheld, please uninstall the opera first!
    i want to upgrade to .101 and i was planning on doing it soon, but from what i read, people are messing up their phones and the OS still has some bugs. so i guess im sort of hesitant in doing so. i don't want anything to happen to me.
    im gonna do it, but i want to make sure i know exactly what im doing when i do.
    thx!

(is it a long process and can anyone do it?)

PIN/ID
    25871AF3

Quote Originally Posted by Zekialstone
    Tap "*" twice. That will get rid of the borders. There is a glossary of Opera shortcuts in menu/tools/help/shortcuts
    aight den. thanks zekialstone
    MYSPACE.COM/ROOTMEANSQUARE

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

Quote Originally Posted by ogmarvel
    i want to upgrade to .101 and i was planning on doing it soon, but from what i read, people are messing up their phones and the OS still has some bugs. so i guess im sort of hesitant in doing so. i don't want anything to happen to me.
    im gonna do it, but i want to make sure i know exactly what im doing when i do.
    thx!

(is it a long process and can anyone do it?)
    Different topic for the .101 thread. The OS is very reliable and stable, not sure what you've read to the contrary.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.