I have TMobile and I'm in NYC. The service on the streets is always 5 ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Andreuha no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23ea015a

Question about "network" under options menu

Advertisement

I have TMobile and I'm in NYC. The service on the streets is always 5 bars, and indoors it's never more than two bars. Inside my university, I barely ever have service.

Now, under network, I can choose to connect to a cingular tower (which has a tower on the roof of my school and fantastic signal everywhere inside). I called TMobile about this, and the rep told me it's all good and falls under their roaming agreement, so long as I don't get a "service restricted" error when trying to connect.

First time I did, it connected alright. after that, every time I select Cingular after selecting manual net. selection, I get signal then momentarily it drops to "searching". Is there any way to remedy this situation, or is switching providers my only option?

peterbabiy no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    23DE41AA

Re: Question about "network" under options menu

Im afraid thats your only option. I heard that holding the phone real tight to your lips increases the signal. So its either providers or lips lol