I have purchased a t-mobile 8100, it came with a small leather holster that automatically ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

c0de no está en línea Stack level 2

Question about Holsters

Advertisement

I have purchased a t-mobile 8100, it came with a small leather holster that automatically sends the BB to standby when placed inside.
    I was wondering if that was common for all holsters, and if not, which holster do you guy recommend ?

(i'm a newbie, this is my first BB. so excuse me if this sounds like a worthless post)
    Thank you for you feedback

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Re: Question about Holsters

you mean is it common for the holster to put the BB into stand by mode? yes, there is a magnet inside the holster which the BB detects and enters or exits stand by to conserve power. When you get an email and pull the BB out it will automatically open the email (or SMS/MMS etc). You can also set it to auto-answer a phone call if you remove it if you wish that.
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

thanks cliffr39. i get how the holster works, i was wondering if that was the same for any aftermarket holster i want to buy, which is the case because mine doesn't hang the belt

Dimndbk no está en línea Stack level 2

Not all holsters have the magnet to initiate the sleep mode. You need to check the specifics of the holster/case that you are going to purchase to see if it has the "sleep magnet".

BobL no está en línea Stack level 2

You can always "modify" the holster and add a magnet.

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Quote Originally Posted by c0de View Post
    thanks cliffr39. i get how the holster works, i was wondering if that was the same for any aftermarket holster i want to buy, which is the case because mine doesn't hang the belt
    yeah most after market holsters that have a magnet should work. When you go to walmart or bestbuy try them out. Most stores have them so you can put your phone in and see if it fits, you can also tell if the magnet is in the right place to enter stand by mode
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

great. thank you all for your help.

swbtsboy no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by cliffr39 View Post
    you mean is it common for the holster to put the BB into stand by mode? yes, there is a magnet inside the holster which the BB detects and enters or exits stand by to conserve power....
    I wondering how the crud it was doing that. I was sticking my finger all around in that holster trying to find out what did it. I just assumed it was magic.

I didn't know it came with a holster and I ordered one. Now I have two. Guess I could shove the extra one in the mouth of some obnoxious person and see if they shut off...