im having a real hard time trying to figure this one out. im using this ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Ekzt1nr no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

question about GIMP 2

Advertisement

im having a real hard time trying to figure this one out. im using this program to help me customize themes. wut i wanna do is, take a yankee logo and cut out the BS...the yankee logo, when i save it to my PC, shows with a white background. i cant really use it if it has a white background cuz then it clutters the icons and they look boxed up. so wut im trying to do is, cut it out of the white background and just use the logo as if it were floating....i been checking the tutorials on the program, but it really doesnt explain much...so i came here to get guidance since ppl here know about damn near EVERYTHING (thank god)....so if anyone know how to do this, or has an idea of how to this, it would be SOOOOOOOOO hepful.....

thanx for your time...

your boy
    EKZT1nr

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: question about GIMP 2

I don't know anything about GIMP but what format are you trying to save it as? For transparent backgrounds the format needs to be png or gif. Jpg doesn't support transparency. What you need to look for in the documentation could be opacity in place of transparency. opacity is the opposite of transparency . I know Photoshop uses both. You can have a transparent background, but the foregrounds are controlled by opacity.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

PIN/ID
    ask

you know wut RCBJR...your a smart man (or woman)...i never wut have thought of making it transparent...thats a hell of a great idea...i'll check that out and see if it work, i'll post back...

but wut do you mean:For transparent backgrounds the format needs to be png or gif. Jpg doesn't support transparency.

do i make it transparent first and then save it as that, or once i save it as png or gif it automatically makes it transparent?

PIN/ID
    ask

just tried it out....RCBJR...thank you...thank you so much...that info was like gold to a miner....YESSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

I just meant that if you make any color transparent of something less the 100% opacity, saving it as a jpg will ignore what you did. That formate doesn't recognize "transparent". Anyway, glad we could help.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles