Does anyone know if there is a new program of the camera to make it ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

myoung9300 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question question about Camera

Advertisement

Does anyone know if there is a new program of the camera to make it more interesting?

Or could somebody write software for it, so we can take like black and white pics or create movies?

thanks.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: question about Camera

Welcome to pinstack. The best way I know of would be to load the pics to your pc and add effects using photo software.

myoung9300 no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks,
    Do you know of a good, free software that i can do that?
    Also can we make videos form the camera?

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

The camera itself won't take videos at current. I'm unaware if there is a way to make an "animated' video out of lots of photos, but perhaps someone else knows.

As far as good free software for image editing, I tend to use IrfanView (free) to do very basic manipulation. There's a way to convert to greyscale (Image --> Convert to Greyscale) as well as Sepia (Image --> Effects --> Sepia). There are actually a bunch of simple manipulations in the Image --> Effects menu.

For more advanced photo editing and for all my photo storage and catalog needs, I use Adobe Lightroom (Not free in the least) and Adobe Photoshop. But I'm a somewhat serious amature photographer. For light use, Adobe Photoshop Elements works pretty well and it's under $100. Other than that, there is Gimp which is free but might only run on Unix / Linux. It's pretty nice though.
    As always, just my opinion...
    mjwood0 (at) pinstack (.) com
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade

mak4a2veli0 no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by mjwood0
    The camera itself won't take videos at current. I'm unaware if there is a way to make an "animated' video out of lots of photos, but perhaps someone else knows.

As far as good free software for image editing, I tend to use IrfanView (free) to do very basic manipulation. There's a way to convert to greyscale (Image --> Convert to Greyscale) as well as Sepia (Image --> Effects --> Sepia). There are actually a bunch of simple manipulations in the Image --> Effects menu.

For more advanced photo editing and for all my photo storage and catalog needs, I use Adobe Lightroom (Not free in the least) and Adobe Photoshop. But I'm a somewhat serious amature photographer. For light use, Adobe Photoshop Elements works pretty well and it's under $100. Other than that, there is Gimp which is free but might only run on Unix / Linux. It's pretty nice though.
    Good advice...
    <center><b><big><font color=red>Holla atcha boy...</b></big></font></center>

tom_vachon no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24AE3FA5

Gimp runs on all paltforms but is anythign but user friendly

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Going from Photoshop to Gimp isn't too bad.

I agree that it's not user friendly, but neither is photoshop. With photo software, if you want it done right, you have to learn difficult programs. Cheap programs do nothing but ruin otherwise good images.
    As always, just my opinion...
    mjwood0 (at) pinstack (.) com
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade

tom_vachon no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24AE3FA5

Gimpshop does make it a little easier by mimicing the photoshop layout, but I am a photoshop guy through and through

dangitsbrattany no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23EDDAEF

the camera takes really good pictures!

cypher no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    876-5309

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I would recommend photoshop elements! Its cheap and does all the basics of photoshop. If you have a digital camera, look in the box to see if it came with any editing software. Most do. Probably not the best, but it should do basic editing.

Gimp is free but its far from user friendly. If you come from a photoshop background, you may not have a problem.