I was wondering if someone can help me. I have an 8120 Pearl that up ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

cinclone1 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question about Call Logs

Advertisement

I was wondering if someone can help me. I have an 8120 Pearl that up to recently, i had a call log that would stay for up to 2 weeks. Now, when i receive a call, it shows up on the call log but then disappears shortly there after. Is there a setting where i can change to keep these logs? Thanks in advance.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Hello cinclone and welcome to PinStack.

Might want to check your memory level on the device. One of the "features" of BlackBerry devices is that when they start to get low on available memory, they will start purging things to free up space for its necessary functions.

Go into Options>Status and see what the File Free reading is. Chances are pretty good you're running low. Once you start getting to 12mb or less, this seems to start happening. You can click on the FAQ link in my signature where you'll find a thread dedicated to helping you free up memory.

Post back if you have any questions.

Roger

cinclone1 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Roger,
    thanks for the reply. I am looking at the status and it is showing file free 6521850 bytes. I haven't added anything recently and just started to notice that my logs are disappearing after just a few hours. Thanks.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Yes, you are pretty low there. Once you get under 10mb you're going to see what you've been experiencing.

Follow some of the instructions in that link I mentioned and you'll free up some space. You might also want to consider deleting the Help and TTY applications off your device, which could free up about 5mb. Go into Options>Advanced Options>Applications and scroll down to Help or TTY. Press the BB menu button and select Delete.

Cheers,
    Roger

DarkFox no está en línea Stack level 2
    Try this goto your messages, then Menu (Blackberry Button), then View Folder and pick the call log folder It has logs from July when I got my phone on there.