Does anyone know if removing BIS counts towards your service agreement on Amazon.com purchases for ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

TexRob no está en línea Stack level 2

Question about Amazon.com service agreement

Advertisement

Does anyone know if removing BIS counts towards your service agreement on Amazon.com purchases for specials? I ask because my wife has not been using her email or internet at all. I know I know, waste of a pearl, but she loves the phone. The way it reads, we won't pay any kind of fee to Amazon.com as long as we don't change her phone plan, cancelling BIS should not matter. I don't even know who I'd contact, Amazon, T-mobile?

Last question, do PINs use data, BIS, or what? Will we still be able to PIN to each other, or will we have to txt?

kurrupt_1 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23AEA032

Re: Question about Amazon.com service agreement

you would contact tmo.
    and you should still be able to PIN eachother.
    "If you can't do it on one wheel, try harder!"

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Actually, no, PIN messages and BlackBerry Messenger operate over the data network. Without a BlackBerry Data Plan, you will NOT be able to use any PIN services.

You would however be able to SMS, but not MMS.

vidals no está en línea Stack level 2

I canceled my wife's internet data plan. It wasn't a problem at all. I sm with Tmobile and signed up via the amazon deal for 2 years. I think the main point is that you keep the plan active but you can make changes to the options of the plan.

TheBigNewt no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by vidals
    I canceled my wife's internet data plan. It wasn't a problem at all. I sm with Tmobile and signed up via the amazon deal for 2 years. I think the main point is that you keep the plan active but you can make changes to the options of the plan.
    The way I read the agreement (to get the $250 rebate from Amazon) this is right. You only forfeit the rebate if you disconnect the Pearl you bought from Amazon from that line of service within 6 months. That prevents people from getting the phone for free, disconnecting it, keeping the 2 year service contract, connecting a cheapo phone, and selling the Pearl for $300 on Ebay.
    BB Pearl, Seidio rubberized case.

TexRob no está en línea Stack level 2

Cool, thanks for the info guys. I'll call T-mo this weekend and see about removing the data plan on hers.