I slept through the alarm this morning--my fault--but when I tried to set the alarm ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

marigotrip no está en línea Stack level 3

Question about alarm

Advertisement

I slept through the alarm this morning--my fault--but when I tried to set the alarm time for later today (as reminder abuot somethign this afternoon) it told me the alarm time had passed for today, and it would ring at the newly set time tomorrow. Is there a feature that only allows one alarm setting per day? I have had the bb for quite a while, and don't recall being told I cant set it (manually) for another time later in the day. Thanks,
    Bill

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    It should be as simple as setting the time and turning it on - if it's already on you just set the time. Make sure that you're setting a time in the future - hint: check the am/pm setting.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Tried that; AM PM is fine. Still telling me "alarm time for today has passed...."

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784

typo

That's the strangest thing I've ever heard. I normally go into alarm and do the following. This is the way my alarm is set using my bb's default alarm no other alarm program just the default one.

Daily Alarm: On (sometimes people only set it as weekdays only i just leave it on)
    Time: 6:00 AM
    Snooze: 1 Min
    Alert Type: Tone
    Ring Tone: *****( one of my tracks in my mem card)
    Volume: (high)

Be sure to hit the back button (the one between the trackball and the end call button) to save.
    Last edited by raton; 01-11-2009 at 11:29 AM.
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

It's a very odd error to me too - I haven't heard of it. I've played around with my alarm and it lets me set anything I want.

Have you tried rebooting just to see if that helps? If you do that from time to time don't bother - I'm just guessing. What OS are you running? (options>about)
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Thanks--hard reset seems to have solved it. Very wierd. Only thing that had changed was that I installed (and then got rid of) Opera. Thanks for all the suggestions.

When adding or deleting an ap a re-boot is usually advisable, whether it's requested of not. It just seems to "straighten" things out.