Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hi, i just recently upgraded my 8100 to a Vodafone 4.5 OS im with Rogers ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

zsoltman no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20881f50

Question about 4.5 os for 8100

Advertisement

Hi, i just recently upgraded my 8100 to a Vodafone 4.5 OS im with Rogers right now. The phone seems to work fine but im keep getting the freezing, and after every call or text the red led light stays on. Why is that should i go back to the old version? Please help not sure whats going on!

volscian no está en línea Stack level 5
    First thing is get rid of color pearl, that will take care of the led. Find blingball, works great for 4.5, I'll find the link and post it in a bit. Second, which 4.5 are you on, cause I remember having an older 4.5 and had a few problems, depended on the programs mainly, but I know a few of them were simply buggy. Try to make sure you have the newest 4.5, I believe I have 4.5.0.55 and it works fine for me now. (wap.pinstack.com)~

Fancy.Face no está en línea Stack level 2

PIN/ID
    20881f50
    I have V4.5.055 from vodafone. im downloading the newer version i just found 4.5081 but i didint take that xml file out im not sure what is that about? I am gona get ride of color track ball and try.

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    The only reason to delete the vendor.xml is if you are installing an OS not from your Carrier. If it is your carriers OS there is no need to delete it.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    20881f50
    Oh ic! and how do i do that?

PIN/ID
    20881f50
    Its funny! I do use a new 8310 but my track ball got stuck so Rogers sending me a new one, for now im using my old pearl but im so used to 4.5 ond my curve i had to have it for this one to.

When you install the new os on the desktop, you'll go into program files, then common files, the research in motion, then loader. You'll find the vendor.xml file in there and just delete it.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Quote Originally Posted by Fancy.Face View Post
    Thanks funny face.

Sorry about the trackball issue. How's the curve's 4.5 treating you? I've heard too many bad things about 4.5 for the curve on tmobile. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    20881f50
    Thanx a whole bunch! I delated color ball, and it seems to work better alredy!
    Im downloading blingball as we speak. Now should i do the upgrade to the newer version, the .081? since i didint delete the xml file on this version im running right now?

PIN/ID
    20881f50
    I absolutly love it. I got it about 2 months ago from vodafone germany, i didint delete anything just put it on it worked beautifully! Since than i got one for my wife to, no problems with them. Rogers just come out with the offical version a while ago, so i switched them over this way im covered under warranty.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    If its running smooth for you I would leave it as is.

If you have a vodaphone carrier, you won't need to delete the vendor.xml from the os files. But yes, I would recommend upgrading to the newest, usually fixes small bugs and such. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by volscian View Post
    If you have a vodaphone carrier, you won't need to delete the vendor.xml from the os files. But yes, I would recommend upgrading to the newest, usually fixes small bugs and such. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    If you are new to this I would only update OS if it is an official update. If it is not and you still want to update look here to learn how http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...9/index28.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast