im trying to get a phone number i had on my 8100 but i havent ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Ekzt1nr no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

question

Advertisement

im trying to get a phone number i had on my 8100 but i havent used it in months. i want to know if the following would work....

....a couple of months ago i did a back up on my phone, since then numbers have been going in and sum i been deleting. i want to know if i backup my phone now. save it. then install an older back up file from a couple of months ago (see where im going with this), would i be able to access the number i have from then? and would i then be able to put the new back up (from, lets say, today) back on my phone and not have a problem with anything?

its a little confusing...let me know if i lost you

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    I think it would over write with the newer one. There is a program I found once that allowed you to edit your back up files. I will try to remember what it was. Maybe someone knows what I am talking about. Then you could just go in the backup and look up the number.

Timo529 no está en línea Stack level 2
    I have never tried it personally but why would it overwrite with the new one since you specifically name the file you want don't have access to pc to check right now but try this out add a fake contact back up your phone delete the contact and load the back up and see if the fake contact is back ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

paullamm no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    319b4998
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~your backup files are dated. So I would think that it is not overwriting the files. Unless you are talking about syncing with outlook.

Ekzt1nr no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask
    No sync. Just trying to get a number I know I had during a particular back up. I just want it back. Wondered if doing a back up now of my current list, and then going thru DM and installing the back up from 6 months ago. Then installing the current back up. Would that be able to give me the number I'm searching for n not have any OS problems...or any other problems period.