I just got a new Blackberry Pearl from at&t. Not sure how well it actually ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

blinkoff59 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question

Advertisement

I just got a new Blackberry Pearl from at&t. Not sure how well it actually compares to other smart phones just yet... but I'm still learning! Couple of quick questions: First I have bluetooth set up in my car. Works great, it automatically pairs, allows me to dial numbers from the car, and sends incoming calls to the car w/ caller id info. One problem ive noticed, is that while my car and phone are paired... any outgoing call initiated by the phone does not go through the car, it stays on the phone and sometimes I am unable to transfer it to the bluetooth audio gateway. Is there any way to set my phone up to automatically send all calls through the bluetooth??

Secondly, is there any way to customize what shows up on the home screen?? I see it changes with the different themes chosen, but can I manually select what I want displayed??

Thanks so much for the help!!

Andrew

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Question

I have never used and in car system, so i will leave that to others.

As for the home screen - just go to the picture you want in media under pictures and from the menu set as homescreen image. Its that simple
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

fstbusa no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3054210e

in your apps list... most themes will display the first 5 apps you have. You can move them around to have whichever first 5 you want displayed.

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Welcome to the Stacks Andrew. I'm not sure on why you're having that issue in the car. Has this always been a problem or has it just started happening?

Thanks for the replies! Yeah its always been doing the bluetooth thing. The car should behave just like a headset i assume, and its kinda annoying that the calls must be manually transferred to the headset, there should be an option somewhere to change it, i would assume, but i havent figured out how to do it yet

mlin13 no está en línea Stack level 3

I have experienced the same bluetooth issue as you with my car (acura TL). I don't think there is a way to configure the BB to automatically send calls made on the phone through the car audio, other than manually transfering them after the call is placed.

I know for the TL, you have to use the car function to place a call, then it will be heard on the car speakers. But if I make an outgoing call by the phone, I have to hit the "talk button" on the steering wheel and say "Transfer" to make the audio go through the car audio.
    Another thing I haven't done is to store frequently dialed phone numbers from my phone into the car, which would make placing calls from the car easier...

Well its good to know im not the only one with this issue... But that info is very helpful (I actually have an acura tl as well) Thanks for the help!