Have any flip users noticed a quality loss when receiving pictures and also mp3's? I ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

mcclafferty4 no está en línea Stack level 2

quality loss when receiving mms

Advertisement

Have any flip users noticed a quality loss when receiving pictures and also mp3's? I figured the reson for the picture quality loss was screen resolution, but the crappy qualty of mp3's sent through mms is disappointing.

Aleksrussian no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    30546CA8
    Just email or bluetooth usually works better for pics ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

suprtong no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2498D306
    yes im having the same problem...i had an mp3 ringtone on my phone and it was very clear so i sent it to myself and it sounds like the person has a mouth full of cotton singing...

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    It has to do with compression. If you take a look at pictures you recieve through MMS, they won't be above 1MP in most (I would say all but I know someone will prove me wrong) cases. The network will automatically compress the files down to a smaller size and lower quality than the original to make it more compatible with a larger range of devices and to allow it to send over the network faster.

Zo

PIN/ID
    2498D306
    Quote Originally Posted by Amigotek View Post
    It has to do with compression. If you take a look at pictures you recieve through MMS, they won't be above 1MP in most (I would say all but I know someone will prove me wrong) cases. The network will automatically compress the files down to a smaller size and lower quality than the original to make it more compatible with a larger range of devices and to allow it to send over the network faster.

Zo
    im still confused ..i was on the phone with tmobile blackberry support for about 30 mins over this if i send myself a ringtone(one i already have on my phone and plays great ) its all distorted so i sent it to the techs blackberry test phone and it was fine...so he sent it back to me and it was distorted once again..so he had me go to tzones and download a ringtone and that was fine so i dont know what is going on..maybe its just device specific...

PIN/ID
    2498D306
    Quote Originally Posted by Amigotek View Post

Zo
    here is a new one going back to me sending myself an mp3 when i receive it it is NO longer an mp3 file but its an amr file ..maybe thats why they sound so distorted..but why would it change?ive never had this happen before

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    That one is new on me. I haven't seen anyone have a conversion issue where it actually changed the format of the ringtone once it was sent. Really wierd that it happens when it comes into your phone whether you sent it or someone else sends it......

Zo