So I have had my pearl for a month and the habit of keeping it ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

gbillings no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    301603FD

Quality control issues with the Pearl?

Advertisement

So I have had my pearl for a month and the habit of keeping it in the holster and using a headset keeps the device on my hip. However, I have been using the headset less and have found the back cover to come off too easily. The latch mechanism doesn't hold if you apply a little pressure to the back cover.

I have made an "enhancement" to my device but I was wondering if anyone else had an issue?

EvolutionCSR no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: Quality control issues with the Pearl?

Yes this has been an issue from the beggining, not with all Pearls im sure but with alot and the two I have although it only happens to me about once a week.

PIN/ID
    301603FD

From what I can figure out the problem rests with the latch mechanism. I solved this problem, at least for the moment, by using a low temperature glue gun and two very small drops on each side the unit with the back off. This is plastic to plastic, doesn't clog up the lever mechanism and works like a hot damn.

Now........ how do change my SD card.......... *doh*!

If you are careful, you can work the casing off, you then have to remove the glue and start again.

I don't recommend trying to glue the door to the battery!

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I had a similar issue with the latch. Mine just broke last week, and I just received my new Pearl on Tuesday. When I looked at the latch mechanism, I'm not surprised at the issues. Its made out of plastic and its nearly as thin as a tip (not head!) of a pin. Very cheaply made. But the rest of the phone seems fine.

dwagman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

Ive been having the same problem, especially when pulling the phone out of my pocket from the top (holding front and back of device). I have since purchased a holster and take it out of the holster by holding the sides. I did bring my pearl back to TMO since i thought it was just me, but the salesperson, who also has a pearl, told me he has the same problem with him, with no solution other than the holster and holding it on the sides. Hopefully RIM will figure something out...

PIN/ID
    301603FD

So, I had to get at the battery and the glue gun trick is excellent. When I have time I might just post some pictures.... send me a PM if you have questions.

peterbabiy no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    23DE41AA

I'd say most PEARLs have this issue and it sure aint new. Some ppl deal with it their own way, and some learn to live with it. My phone aint that bad so I just live with it and its fine.

SilverStreak no está en línea Stack level 1

I am very perplexed with my Pearl.

I purchasd my first one on 12/15 and returned it on 12/23 because the screen died.

Today 1/18 m keyboard refuses to work. I tries reloading OS with tech support help to no avail.

fortunately I can return it for a new phone within 30 days.But I am lacking confidence in this device.