Hello All, I am new to this forum and really have appreciate the wealth of ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

sportygirl no está en línea Stack level 1

Q: browser configuration

Advertisement

Hello All,

I am new to this forum and really have appreciate the wealth of information here.

I just recently got my unlocked Blackberry Pearl today and I am feeling overwhelmed. I am kind of embarrass to admit this, but I finally figure out how to copy my sim card to my address book and also was also able to setup my email accounts. However, when I try to access to my browser, I get, "Default browser configuration: "

I changed my TCP settings to Cingular:

Cingular (March 05)
    APN: wap.cingular
    Username for APN: wap@cingulargprs.com
    Password for APN: cingular1

I have unlimited Data Plan with cingular and can browse with no problem on my old Treo.

Thanks in advance!

XLiMBS no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    20F3D846
    You might want to try resending your service books. This is done by going into;
    -->Settings

-->Advanced Options

-->Host Routing Table
    Then press the menu key and select "Register Now."

If you still have a problem then try hard resetting your berry by taking out the battery for about 15 seconds.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    sportygirl, Welcome to PinStack.

I have unlimited Data Plan with cingular and can browse with no problem on my old Treo.
    Did you change you unlimited data plan to an Unlimited Blackberry Personal Plan? The regular data plans cannot be used with a BB. Once you have changed your Plan, you will need to got to the Cingular BIS site and create a BIS account and enter your PIN and IMEI. Only then will you be able to access the Data Network.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

manapuaman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23f011d6
    You can try with all caps for the settings too.

quest816 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I have t mobile and I have a pearl. In my tcp menu it is blank? What should I put in the apn fields?

ejmccartin no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by quest816
    I have t mobile and I have a pearl. In my tcp menu it is blank? What should I put in the apn fields?
    wap.voicestream.com
    leave the username and password blank.
    that should work for t-mo
    make sure there are no spaces anywhere they shouldn't be.
    good luck

Hey guys - Thanks for all the feedbacks.

XLiMBS - I tried both of your suggestions and I still can't browse the internet.

Rcbjr - I already went to Cingular BIS site and created a BIS account. I really hope I don't have to change to the Unlimited Blackberry Personal Plan because it is fairly expensive (I am currently paying $19.99 and the Unlimited Blackberry Personal Plan is ~44.99).

When I got my Treo a year ago, Cingular wanted me to pay for the Treo Unlimited Plan which was $49.99, but I manage to get the phone and browser to work with only the Data Plan ($19.99).

Any other suggestions? I wouldn't use the browser that much on my Pearl so I can't seem to justify in paying that much.

quest816 no está en línea Stack level 3
    What is it supose to do when I put wap.voicestream.com in that blank? I put it where you said out it.

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by sportygirl
    Rcbjr - I already went to Cingular BIS site and created a BIS account. I really hope I don't have to change to the Unlimited Blackberry Personal Plan because it is fairly expensive (I am currently paying $19.99 and the Unlimited Blackberry Personal Plan is ~44.99).
    You will need the Blackberry Personal Plan that is 29.99 with a qualifying voice plan, which is what you seem to have. It will not work without it, even when you put in the APN for Cingular.

No BB data plan, absolutly no Data Service. No Browser, No Email, No BB Messaging, and probably No IM of any kind.

Sorry
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

ejmccartin no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by quest816
    What is it supose to do when I put wap.voicestream.com in that blank? I put it where you said out it.
    it should let 3rd party software, opera or bbweather, access the internet.
    I don't really understand all the workings of it but I think the APN tells it where to start.

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr
    You will need the Blackberry Personal Plan that is 29.99 with a qualifying voice plan, which is what you seem to have. It will not work without it, even when you put in the APN for Cingular.

No BB data plan, absolutly no Data Service. No Browser, No Email, No BB Messaging, and probably No IM of any kind.

Sorry
    Rcbjr.
    Thanks for the info, Rcbjr. In your opinion, is it worth getting the Blackberry Personal Plan? I have access to my wireless macpro book 24/7. Getting the Blackberry Personal Plan is a luxury.

Since I have the unlimited data service I am able to text message, but that is the extent of it.

I love the look of the Pearl (very sleek and compact), but I am very disappointed with the overall function of it. I am thinking of just selling it.

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    I love my Blackberry with the Data Plan. I use it a lot at work when on a smoke break to keep up with a lot of the Tech Blogs and News. Something I can't do with a laptop. Also I use it for important email with familly members. I am not on my company net with my BB so it is strictly Personal.

There are a lot of times when setting up the Laptop to catch a few minutes of browsing just isn't worth the effort. So that is another reason to have the plan.

I should have made it clear, the BB data plan replaces your current data plan. I would Highly Recommend changing your data plan, the extra $10.00 a month will make you experience with the Pearl much more pleasant.

Hope this Helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

That was very helpful, Rcbjr. Thanks again!

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Let us know what you decide to do, neighbor.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer