I'm with AT&T and my Fiance is with T-Mobile. Since she doesn't want to leave ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Daiikun no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    242A31A6

Put MyFaves on a non-MyFaves phone?

Advertisement

I'm with AT&T and my Fiance is with T-Mobile. Since she doesn't want to leave T-Mobile and my bill is ridiculous to the point that I can't really afford it, I was thinking about cancelling AT&T and going over to T-Mobile. So here's the question:

I know that I can unlock my Pearl, that's not a problem. But I would like to put MyFaves on there so that I have it just like she would. Does anyone know if there's a way to put that app on it or would I have to buy a whole new Pearl?
    THE ONE AND ONLY DAIIKUN
    Otherwise known as "Cherri's Playmate"
    MySpace

Mobile Empire no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Put MyFaves on a non-MyFaves phone?

Quote Originally Posted by Daiikun View Post
    I'm with AT&T and my Fiance is with T-Mobile. Since she doesn't want to leave T-Mobile and my bill is ridiculous to the point that I can't really afford it, I was thinking about cancelling AT&T and going over to T-Mobile. So here's the question:

I know that I can unlock my Pearl, that's not a problem. But I would like to put MyFaves on there so that I have it just like she would. Does anyone know if there's a way to put that app on it or would I have to buy a whole new Pearl?
    If your going over to tmobile you can more than likely get a new pearl for free from an online vendor. If anything you could sell your pearl to cover some of the additional cost of switching over like your activation fee. Possibly even cover some of your early termination fee if your still under contract with ATT.

kolosus no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    315677A8

You can unlock the TMo theme to give your berry a more "TMo feel". You could take a chance with installing the TMo firmware on your AT&T berry. Sometimes its a hit or miss affair. My take on the topic.

kevweb321 no está en línea Stack level 1
    How do you unlock the Pearl?

Daiikun no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    242A31A6

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Actually, may not have to worry about it.

I may be getting a new job and they'll provide me with a new phone for work so I'll just choose my new service and use that.

amanderbander no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2452AA5C

Quote Originally Posted by kevweb321 View Post
    How do you unlock the Pearl?
    to unlock the pearl, you either call the phone company, and ask them for an unlock code(which is hit or miss, depends on how long you've been with the company, or why you want it unlocked) or, you find a website...i can't think of the one my friends use off the top of m head...that you can pay and they come up with an unlock code for you....

fast eddie no está en línea Stack level 1

I talked to tmo about this as I was using an unlocked moto rizr on their network and what I found was that you can simply sign up for the service, set your five faves online and start calling. Billing picks up that those people are in your faves and you don't have to install the tmo faves software.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~