Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I just sold my pearl to another stacker who received it yesterday. YEAH!! And he ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

monica.simons no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    ASKME

push weather

Advertisement

I just sold my pearl to another stacker who received it yesterday. YEAH!! And he says he is very pleased with it except for one thing...

he had to "sun" icons pop up on the main screen that he didn't know what they were and couldn't figure out how to get rid of. I knew right away what they were. I had gone to the blackberry hompage awhile ago and had push weather... can't remember if it was from accuweather or weather channel though.

I went to both websites, with not much help. So here is where we are stuck..
    Can't figure out how to get it undone from the pin number tied to that phone, can you help us fellow stackers? I suppose he could just hide the icons, but I know if it was me I would want it completely off of my phone if it was something that I didn't want.
    Providing customers with the latest in news and info along with experienced one on one tech support, training, product sales, exclusive themes and more.

tj2311111 Guest

Re: push weather

The new owner is gonna have to do this:

What you do is click on the weather icon and then it will load the 5 day forecast. At the bottom of the page click "push weather" then accept the terms. Then it will take you to a page where you can edit your push service and you should see delete there for the weather location you want to get rid of (under the push subscription it is registered to ie. Accuweather).

PIN/ID
    ASKME

thanks so much! you ROCK
    Providing customers with the latest in news and info along with experienced one on one tech support, training, product sales, exclusive themes and more.

PIN/ID
    ASKME

He said the icons are still there after I had he do everything above. I even had him do a bettery pull just in case he forgot (which he did). Any other ideas?

doughdaddy no está en línea Device Pro

Even after he has unsubscribed from the push services he will need to go into the browser options and clear the browser push cache.
    Open Browser > Menu > Options > Cache Operations > Pushed Content > Click Clear

PIN/ID
    ASKME

i will let him know dough daddy...you da man! OMG that avatar is the best lmao!!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

ssnxp no está en línea Device Pro

Hey guys, I've tried all this and the icon is still there. I also did a battery pull after clearing the cache. Are there any other options besides reloading the OS again?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~so you unsubscribed from the push service and cleared your browser push cache and the pushed content icon is still there? You may want to check your subscription status again to make sure you didn't miss something.

I actually stumbled on the subscription first on mobile.blackberry.com. I unsuscribed from there, and going to the "push weather" only shows AccuWeather and The Weather Network, and the "add" button next to them. I already deleted her subscriptions from before.

EDIT: Nevermind I got it, turns out I needed to go into the browser and delete it from my BOOKMARKS. Never would have thought of that. Thanks everyone.
    Last edited by ssnxp; 02-11-2008 at 01:02 AM.

brucebeh no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    301EEFD8

Quote Originally Posted by ssnxp View Post
    I actually stumbled on the subscription first on mobile.blackberry.com. I unsuscribed from there, and going to the "push weather" only shows AccuWeather and The Weather Network, and the "add" button next to them. I already deleted her subscriptions from before.

EDIT: Nevermind I got it, turns out I needed to go into the browser and delete it from my BOOKMARKS. Never would have thought of that. Thanks everyone.

was JUST going to tell you to delete it in browser channels

glad you got it figured out! i like push weather just wish it would update more than twice a day.

Quote Originally Posted by brucebeh View Post
    was JUST going to tell you to delete it in browser channels

glad you got it figured out! i like push weather just wish it would update more than twice a day.
    I actually might start using it. Currently, I use my iPhone for the weather updates but I want to move away from my iPhone and towards my blackberries more.

It only updates twice a day? Can't you click on it and refresh it?

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

Quote Originally Posted by ssnxp View Post
    Currently, I use my iPhone for the weather updates but I want to move away from my iPhone and towards my blackberries more.
    He finally comes to his senses.... *

/thread jack over
    See the Official Latest OS threads updated regularly for All Devices.
    Forum Rules
    PinStack Trust Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Lavagirl View Post
    He finally comes to his senses.... *

/thread jack over
    Haha we've already been over this! I'm a paying premium member of a BLACKBERRY forum! I don't even visit an iPhone forum regularly.

The iphone is my nice toy. The blackberry is my dedicated phone. (:

Back on point, is there a way to force the weather push to update more than once? Can you update manually (current weather)?

PIN/ID
    ASKME

Glad you finally got it figured out, I was getting worried. And I am so glad that you like the phone! It works out for everyone, thank you fellow stackers for helping us out...brought another one into the madness

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast