Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hey guys, its me again, and just curious to know , I am trying to ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

ryzingdesign no está en línea Stack level 2

Push To Talk on unlocked pearl?

Advertisement

Hey guys, its me again, and just curious to know , I am trying to figure out this PTT option for the pearl, and i have a TMO unlocked one for my cingular sim... my friend told me to go to home screen then click show all and the PTT icon should be there, but hers is legit and mine isnt, do I not have the PTT because its a TMO pearl? please let me know , thanks!
    -Steve

GotPearl? no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: Push To Talk on unlocked pearl?

Well do you have the Cingular or T-Mobile OS. If you have Cingular it should have it. If you have th T-mobile Os it should not be there.

Im guessing it is the tmobile OS because i did not change any Os , i just unlocked and went with it, is ther any way to get the ptt on my handset? please let me know my options - im so new to this phone its bad haha this is new phone to my pile of stuff ive used in the past haha hopefully this one comes out a winner

Yeah you need to load the Cingular Os on there. Once you do this Ptt will be there and be an option. I will get the download link to you in a few min. I have to find it first

audreypearl no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2277FD30

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ok I'm with tmo but if I dl cingulars os and the ptt appears, can I use it? Or is it something tmo doesn't do? Just curious?

I don't think it would work, only becuase it is only on Cingy phones and it is with the Cingy network and you are not on the Cingy network. Haha you could try, but everytime I go to open it it tells me that charges WILL apply so I am like nah, I don't know anyone with PTT anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by GotPearl?
    Yeah you need to load the Cingular Os on there. Once you do this Ptt will be there and be an option. I will get the download link to you in a few min. I have to find it first
    K let me know what the link is, but in order to switch OS's do i need the data plan to get it on there? becasue im still waiting on the plan till a week or two

Yeah, a data plan would be a good idea. Just post something when you get the plan and I will give you the link then.

Quote Originally Posted by GotPearl?
    Yeah, a data plan would be a good idea. Just post something when you get the plan and I will give you the link then.
    see the thing is, it says under data service = Yes... data service is what they sed they needed to contact... also do i need the data plan in order to switch os's on my pearl? would you be able to PM me the link anyway so i can see if it works.. because I would like to get the PTT on this phone , once i get the OS switched then i wouldnt be affraid to call cingular to add that ptt to my plan

angeleyes no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2404A818

my first question is, is the button there for you to even be able to use the PTT

Quote Originally Posted by angeleyes
    my first question is, is the button there for you to even be able to use the PTT
    Huh?

yes , the button on the left is a optional ptt button. But still waiting to find out how to switch over my OS's without the data plan because that is all i need to do in order to fix my ptt problem

Oh, you can switch OS's without a data plan. I just meant you would be costing yourself alotta $ by not having one.

yeh im about to get a data plan in a week or so .. but can u tell me how to switch OS's please then? because that would help me out a lot with the options that i need thanks again

Ok you need to download the new Os to your computer. I cant seem to find the link, give me a few min. I will find it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast