Does anyone know anything about the push to talk capabilities on the pearl? I know ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

tackdetack no está en línea Stack level 4

Push To talk

Advertisement

Does anyone know anything about the push to talk capabilities on the pearl?
    I know you can do it because att is selling a plan for it.

any settings for it anywhere or is it a program installed through att?
    -You don't need eyes to see, You need Vision.

DriftorX no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask me!!

Re: Push To talk

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

You already have it on the pearl but your carrier has to configure it for you to use. Personally I think its a waste of expense.

tackdetack no está en línea Stack level 4

i think your right, the blackberry is no nextel. its better but one thing rim needs to do is make blackberrys louder
    -You don't need eyes to see, You need Vision.

psi chick no está en línea Stack level 4

the ptt feature is actually pretty good and convienent if you use it. i wish that people who didn't use it would stop bashing on it, it really just makes them sound stupid.

fashionrider57 no está en línea Stack level 2

i had nextel before this. switched over cuz nextels have the technology tmobile had about 200 years ago. I loved the PTT feature, but problem was that no calls could go through to the phone when on the PTT.

justin.hylton no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    241AA7C9

wait a darn minute here...i have a pearl with T-Mo and I've never heard of this Push to Talk option. is it available on the T-MO 8100?

BombaMyte no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    240B992D

Quote Originally Posted by fashionrider57 View Post
    I loved the PTT feature, but problem was that no calls could go through to the phone when on the PTT.

This is solved on AT&T's PTT. If you have a Pearl and set it to Vibrate, your PTT call routes through to the phone, not the speaker. And if someone calls in, it shows as Call Waiting. You can even convert a PTT call into a cellular call at any time. I use it extensively at my job for both demonstration and utilitarian purposes.

And to show off.

DriftorX no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask me!!
    Quote Originally Posted by justin.hylton View Post
    wait a darn minute here...i have a pearl with T-Mo and I've never heard of this Push to Talk option. is it available on the T-MO 8100?
    Tmo may not have PTT or maybe your icon is hidden.

rjs87 no está en línea Stack level 3

PTT is a waste of money, and not as great quality as nextel, man i miss my nextel if only they had better service...

Ekzt1nr no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

I always wanted to use the ptt feature but the friends I have that own a blackberry only have it on tmo and tmo doesn't seem to offer it....sounds like a hell of a feature but I won't know until I recruit sum other friends on att to upgrade to pearl.lol.....either that or make sum new friends.lol

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

I have no one that I know that uses it, so I never have bothered. I like the idea of it though. I just removed it from my phone so I don't have to mess with it always running in the background.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

frisco49ers no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2840D481

I would like to get this for Rogers in Canada. But I don't think they even have PTT

fashionrider57 no está en línea Stack level 2

I'm not sure if tmo has PTT feature. Maybe they do, maybe not, haven't seen any service or add-on anywhere about it. Highly doubt they have it. If a company does have it, I believe you'll have to add that service on for a price.

If you want to PTT someone else, I believe they have to have the plan also or they have to pay for each time they push the PTT button which is gonna suck for them. Should be similar to nextel in a way. Reason why I cancelled my nextel was because everyone I knew who had nextel, switched to Tmo, so I basically had no one to use my PTT with anymore. So I switched also.