Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Originally Posted by Capdot Naw man. Just the free account that I've had for a ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Keyscan no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Push Email doesn't include Hotmail compatibility?

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Capdot View Post
    Naw man. Just the free account that I've had for a few years now.
    It would definitely need to be more than a few years. Were you ever a subscriber to Qwest DSL or a similiar ISP? Some of these companies throw in Plus access to MSN and hotmail accounts signed up through them.

didomenico77 no está en línea Stack level 3

Does it push MSN email?

woodi68 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    woodi68

Nada. No Microsoft email type accounts. You can access these accounts on the mobile browser though! Go to mobile.live.com and you'll see the option to check your email.

didomenico77 no está en línea Stack level 3

Are you kidding me????

AHHH that is sooo lame. I pay for this email address and everyone has it I cant just change, and I cant have my MSN pushed to it?

G0ggy no está en línea Stack level 1

I believe this is a Hotmail problem, not BB, I use Googlemail which allows POP3 access to their mail servers, whereas Hotmail want you to subscribe to a premium mail service for POP3 access. Personally I would change to a provider that allows POP3 access.

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyscan View Post
    It would definitely need to be more than a few years. Were you ever a subscriber to Qwest DSL or a similiar ISP? Some of these companies throw in Plus access to MSN and hotmail accounts signed up through them.

Well I have had this acount for five or six years now and it works fine. And all internet service here at my house is all under my brothers name and his email address . I have never paid for any service .

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Quote Originally Posted by didomenico77 View Post
    Are you kidding me????

AHHH that is sooo lame. I pay for this email address and everyone has it I cant just change, and I cant have my MSN pushed to it?
    I agree, and would encourage you to voice your opinion to Microsoft about it. The more they hear their customers demand pop access the more likely they will allow it (for free).

I just configured my BB with my Hotmail account, and it added and receives new email no problem. I have an old account Aug '98 and never paid for plus service, so I know the BB is capable. So if you pay for it, you shouldn't have any issue.
    Last edited by cliffr39; 11-15-2007 at 03:15 PM.
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

magellan0547 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    242E7D27

anyone with an old hotmail account that's never expired is grandfathered in with pop3 access i believe...anyone new wanting to get push e-mail will have to pay microsoft...way to go bill! stick it to em any way you can cause vista blows and you're losing money!...but i digress...so if you don't want to pay you can always start a new e-mail account with google or yahoo and get your mail pushed from there...good thing about starting new too is that you will have 0 junk mail

eve
    eve no está en línea Stack level 2

This is ridiculous, especially for people like didomenico, who pay for the service.

Does anyone know of other programs who are able to forward emails like Getmail, without having to keep a PC running?

RemyKirin no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask me

Quote Originally Posted by magellan0547 View Post
    anyone with an old hotmail account that's never expired is grandfathered in with pop3 access i believe...anyone new wanting to get push e-mail will have to pay microsoft...way to go bill! stick it to em any way you can cause vista blows and you're losing money!...but i digress...so if you don't want to pay you can always start a new e-mail account with google or yahoo and get your mail pushed from there...good thing about starting new too is that you will have 0 junk mail

We are grandfathered in. they sent an email to me many years ago on my 3 hotmail accounts saying that they were going to discontinue the 3rd party access for everyone that signs up for a new account after that date, but seeing as I had the accounts prior to the cut off date that I would have access indefinitely. At the time I was all like this doesn't affect me so I don't care, but I also agree that this was a stupid move by MS and that if you all voice your concerns to microsoft they may think about it. Lets be honest though what are the odds that they will say "hmm the people are right, we should stop lining our pockets on this particular endeavor and make it free again." I hate to say it cuz I have had a hotmail accounts for years and only recently got a yahoo account, but you'd be better off either setting it to forward you mail to another account that allows pop access and put that on you blackberry or going out and getting a yahoo account

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Quote Originally Posted by eve View Post
    This is ridiculous, especially for people like didomenico, who pay for the service.

Does anyone know of other programs who are able to forward emails like Getmail, without having to keep a PC running?
    I assume you mean free email accounts that offer pop or imap? Here's a few I know off hand.
    Gmail (pop and imap)
    yahoo
    inbox.com (pop)
    aim/aol (imap)
    mail2web.com (exchange)
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

eve
    eve no está en línea Stack level 2

No, sorry, I mean a program that is able to forward my Hotmail emails to my email address that is pushed to my pearl...if that makes sense. Getmail offers this service, but you have to have a running PC that is connected to the internet at all times..kind of a hassle than not.

I was wondering if there's any other program that does a similar fowarding effect.

I would drop Hotmail altogether, but it's my primary email, my employer uses it to contact me, as well as my friends, clubs and organizations I'm a part of. And it'd be a mother to create a new email addy and 'hand out' my new email to everyone...
    It's silly, the thing that attracted me to the pearl: push email. And the email that I was going to use: a Hotmail address...so inconvenient of Hotmail.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12