Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I have my school email activated on my Pearl, but when I tried setting up ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

eve
    eve no está en línea Stack level 2

Push Email doesn't include Hotmail compatibility?

Advertisement

I have my school email activated on my Pearl, but when I tried setting up my Hotmail email, it mentioned that I had to "enable Outlook or Outlook Express access within Hotmail." And it provided me with a link to follow to 'upgrade,' I followed the link and it tells me I need to subscribe to a paid "Windows Live Hotmail Plus," which I have no problem with, but I don't understand how that affects my emails being pushed to my phone...?

Anyone else experienced this?

I heard about a program called "GetMail" or some **** like that, but it confused me before I could even DL it to my phone...silly.

jlb522 no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Push Email doesn't include Hotmail compatibility?

To the best of my knowledge it's true. I have been doing alot of research on here, because I'm new to all of this...(My Pearl will be here hopefully Mon!) And I have read on other theads that it dosen't support hotmail. I just last night switched over to yahoo...thankfully I was able to use the same address!

Craig_C no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK ME

I was able to set up my hotmal account easily. I didn't have to do anything special with it, or even use Outlook. I just put in my username and password, and my Pearl did the rest.

dgy2k1 no está en línea Stack level 3

I have my hotmail accounts for many years so I don't have a problem with getting my email through Outlook or my Blackberry. Otherwise they want you to pay.

jlb522 no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by Craig_C View Post
    I was able to set up my hotmal account easily. I didn't have to do anything special with it, or even use Outlook. I just put in my username and password, and my Pearl did the rest.
    Really?? Oh well, it's not really a big deal for me....Ill just try and add the Hotmail account, just to have it then! I read different threads and sometimes get different answers. I think it's all about who the user is and their knoweledge and skill.

didomenico77 no está en línea Stack level 3

Do you know if it supports MSN email?

eve
    eve no está en línea Stack level 2

That's odd. I even went on my Hotmail account via my PC and looked for the enabling Outlook setting and found nothing. Why is it working for you guys and no luck with me? I even tried setting up the internet email via My.T-mobile.com and the same deal happened. I can't even find the option for Hotmail Plus, the paid Hotmail. I'm so confused.

Is the issue on Hotmail's end? I know Hotmail has a mobile option, but that is web-based, I'm interested in the push email where it shows up as a SMS text; it's so much easier.

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5

Quote Originally Posted by Craig_C View Post
    Yea same here. I have read on one of the threads that hotmail wouldnt be able to work but I have had no problems so far.

woodi68 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    woodi68

Won't work on mine. Do either of you have "premium" hotmail/msn accounts?

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5

Naw man. Just the free account that I've had for a few years now.

icancn2u no está en línea Stack level 4

I have heard the push service for hotmail only works on accounts activated prior to a certain date. I have set mine up, it allows me to send from hotmail, but I never get any of the messages that come to my hotmail.

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

yeah the really old Hotmail accounts had free pop access. I opened mine in 2000 or earlier, can't recall. I haven't tried it since that is just my spam account.

edit: just logged into hotmail and checked my account. It says activated Aug 15, 1998.. if that helps anyone to pin point the cut off dates. My hotmail works with my BIS
    Last edited by cliffr39; 11-15-2007 at 03:14 PM.
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

icancn2u no está en línea Stack level 4

Quote Originally Posted by cliffr39 View Post
    yeah the really old Hotmail accounts had free pop access. I opened mine in 2000 or earlier, can't recall. I haven't tried it since that is just my spam account.
    The only reason I didnt let my hotmail account go was because linking it to my xbox 360 id lol

seabirdone no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20DE5001

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I can get my hotmail FOC Supported thru t-mobile t-zones site as an option.Did password once and now it stays open. Not obvious on site though. Its in the downloads section

seabirdone no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20DE5001

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Correction. Its in email and chat section of t-zones. Cannot edit on wap

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast