This error is killing me so i thought id share from another forum ........... This ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

KSmithInNY no está en línea Stack level 1

Protocol error sending SMS / MMS

Advertisement

This error is killing me so i thought id share from another forum ........... This impacts my Pearl 8100 as wel as my roommates curve.

If you are having this problem please call T-MO because as of now the company is taking the stand of " we are not getting calls on this so its not a problem"

"
    Hi there,

I had a Pearl 8100 before and it was lovely : when I was in the tube ( or subway, depends on which side of the atlantic you are ), I wrote sms and emails, they all get the clock icon, once the pearl got network, he would start sending the emails AND the sms. Brilliant.

Upgraded a few days ago to a 8800, loving it BUT ...

as far email goes, everything the same, but sms sucks. when I dont have network, it reports a red X and says protocol error. which happened from time to time with my 8100, but now, if I write 6 or 7 sms while in the tube, they ALL get the protocol error and when the phone gets network, the phone doesnt try to send them. i have to go manually to each sms and do resend.

this is bad, can I get the old 8100 way of "queing" sms ? because I forget to resend and think it automatically would resend the messages and it doesnt.

It works fine with emails ( when no network, he doesnt send them, puts a clock icon next to the message and when network is available, it sends them ). I want to do this with sms as well. Ideas ?

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Protocol error sending SMS / MMS

I have noticed mine will hold a message in the queue with the little clock for so long, and if it doesn't get signal then it will go red x - i think sometimes it happens because the phone gets a little signal, but then loses it.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by melissaox
    I have noticed mine will hold a message in the queue with the little clock for so long, and if it doesn't get signal then it will go red x - i think sometimes it happens because the phone gets a little signal, but then loses it.
    Thats the problem. BB's are designed to Queue your messages even when no service is available. Sence the 4.2 release, the queue feature has not been working and its making me crazy. T-MO says they are supposed to queue, a BB Rep i was able to contact via email stated they should be queue'ing yet both companies stated "they are unaware of any issues of BB's not queue'ing".

The short of the story is T-Mo and BB both say people like me and you are crazy and this is not an issue. ITS A CONSPIRACY I TELL YOU!!!!!!!!!
    Just kidding about the conspiracy but it is a major pain in my A

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

yeah i've notcied that as well if i go out of service and it comes through i get the red X instead of it resending....are you guys in an area with poor reception? i'll look into it, where are you located?

im in an area with great reception , fairport NY 14450. The problem is, my building i live in is constructed of brick so GSM signals do not travel as well through dense substances as CDMA. Everyone with CDMA gets great reception no matter what carrier in the building. Everyone with GSM gets spooty as best coverage no matter what carrier.
    The easy solution would be to switch to verizon or sprint but if you've ever dealt with one of these companies you know this is not an option lol!

On a lighter note i decided to find out what the " wipe my phone" feature in the security screen does and found out it completely wipes everyone off your phone ........ This has led me to the conclusion that the cellular gods want me to downgrade back to the 4.1 OS's so i can use queued SMS/MMS until someone acknowledges this as a problem and fixes it.