Just wanted to know if anyone has the same situation, but prior to my update ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Thanatos504 no está en línea Stack level 2

Protocol Error

Advertisement

Just wanted to know if anyone has the same situation, but prior to my update (I was running 4.2.0.64) to 4.2.1.107 I was able to send a message (SMS) while not having service, and it was added to a message queue to be sent once I did recieve service. Unfortunately GSM service doesn't penetrate concrete walls as well as CDMA does, so this is quite a problem for me. I had upgraded a few months ago, and after realizing the problem, I quickly rolled back the OS. After calling TMO and speaking to multiple reps, I was asured that this was no longer a problem (apparently I'm too trusting). I really miss the ability to wantonly send messages without dreading that they be lost to a red X Protocol Error, but now I have to wait until I have a stable connection to the network, and click resend...needless to say, I have better things to do than stare at my phone all day and wait for service before I can fire off a message.

Any ideas for a fix? If I can't get this resolved, I don't think that the new upgrade is going to make it alive through the weekend.

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Protocol Error

This is just a stab, but under Options --> SMS, There's a setting "Network To Send Over" which can be set to GSM, GPRS, or GPRS Preferred. It defaults to GSM - try changing it to GPRS Preferred.

A couple of years ago I had one device that couldn't receive email until this setting was changed (haven't seen it since).
    JerryD

Thanatos504 no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Protocol Error

Already set to GPRS preferred, but thanks.