i have a pearl (8110). my question is when i go into profiles to change ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

lilme08 no está en línea Stack level 2

profiles

Advertisement

i have a pearl (8110). my question is when i go into profiles to change from normal to vibrate, i then go into advance and unselect all of the custom profiles and exceptions that i have created, do i have to do them one by one or is there a easy way to doing this? for instance when i select vibrate everything is vibrate. when i select vibrate now if i have set up a profile for a contact i still hear that contact ringtone instead of it vibrating.

thanks in advance

zakz no está en línea Stack level 3
    I don't think there is a way. U have to do em 1 by 1.
    The only solution I can think of is deleting all ur exceptions- n just leave 1 (highlight exception name, press menu button, delete).
    Then add all the other names u just deleted into this exception (highlight exception, press menu, edit. This opens the exception. Scroll to the 'from' field, hit menu, choose add name and repeat for all the other names). Nxt time u put it on vibrate, ull just have to uncheck one exception.
    Does that help in any way?
    Holla back

kieranwest no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me:)
    Unfortunately no, you still need to use the same method if you have exceptions you will need to uncheck them all one by one. You could try consolidating exceptions though by adding more contacts into each exception. I guess if you want individual tones for each person you might require many exceptions....which makes this a major pain.

kieranwest no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me:)
    Looks like Zakz beat me to the punch

zakz no está en línea Stack level 3
    No prob kieranwest...
    2 heads are better than 1 right?

meme405 no está en línea Stack level 3
    YOu could just click the active profile when your editing the exception. Now, lets say your exception is to use a special ringtone for someone. It will use that ringtone when the phone is meant to ring depending on your profile.

However if your profile is set to vibrate it wont make any noise...because it will use that active profile...

I dont know if this helps...

lilme08 no está en línea Stack level 2
    thanks

team_mom no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    I have an 8130 and it will not let me change the notifier for certain programs. Ie the bb messenger and email

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~