Hello everyone, I have added custom ringtone to few important contacts and my question is: ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

kroshka04 no está en línea Stack level 1

Profile Quiet and ringtones

Advertisement

Hello everyone,
    I have added custom ringtone to few important contacts and my question is: is there an option, when the Profile Quiet is set (usually during meetings), to somehow "hear" the ringtone chosen for those important contacts? Can that profile be somehow personalized, when some of those contacts call, I could hear the call? Or maybe not?
    I think some Nokias have such an option, though I'm not sure...
    Any suggestions?
    Thanks

RayZ no está en línea Stack level 5
    Sure there is! profiles>advanced (make sure that the quiet profile is active)>then scroll down and uncheck the people that you want to hear the custom ringtone for. Does that anawer the question? Let us know

Yes it does RayZ!
    Thanks a lot. Before, when I tried profiles > advanced , under "Use Active Profile Except for" there was something written in German, and I couldn't understand what it said...
    But now when I added the ringtone to those people, it's in English next to the checkbox with their names I should have just checked again.
    Thanks again

your welcome, I'm glad it worked for you

Update,
    I still can't hear the ringtone, even though the check box next to the name is marked. Only the LED is flashing red...
    I must be doing something wrong

Ok, you have to edit the exception to the ringtone you want to hear. Try this...profiles>advanced (make sure the quiet profile is active)>menu key>scroll to the person you want to use>edit>scroll to custom phone tune>click the trackball and choose the tune>save. See if that works now

OK, I'll try that now

Still nothing RayZ
    the Profile Quiet is active, I tried both with the checkbox next to the name marked and unmarked, edited the tune several times... but can't "hear" the ringtone, only the LED is flashing
    Does this option work for sure or...?

I figured it out! Sorry for the confusion. You must create a new exception for that person. profiles>advanced>click the menu key>new exception>name the exception (like calls from David)>scroll to"from":click menu key and choose "add name">scroll to use profile and choose Loud or whatever profile you want to use>scroll to custom tune and choose the tune you want to use. I just tried it and I know this works! Sorry, it's been a while since I tinkered with the profiles lol

I followed your instructions, and it DOES work!
    Thanks a lot RayZ

you're welcome